Chapter 13 (Former: 38, 39, and 40)

FORMER CHAPTER 38

Hailey's eyes gleamed madly with curiousity. Finally, she positioned herself for the procedures and took out a low leveled spell book about ice.

Name: Bone-penetrating Breath Spell
Type: Immobilization
Element: Ice
Usable location: Land.
Level: Low rank 3
Stage and Rank usable: Red
Potency: It immobilizes an enemy of the same stage and below for 10 seconds. Requires at least 60% of a red stage person's essence energy. Non-upgradable.

It was basically a trash spell.

Hailey began after she took some pictures of the book and its contents for comaparison if ever she succeeds.

This is the difference between skill and spell books:

Skill books are purely related in enhancing the physical body while spell books focuses more on converting essence to either attack, assist, or defence measures on other people.

Another kind of books that are on par with unranked ones are the [Fused Books]. These books are a combination of skill and spell, and like the formers, they have rankings as well the unranked stage.

But Hailey doubt she could find any of that on this small country. For a normal person seeing just an Unranked F was already akin to having your lifetime of luck converted into that single chance. After all, their country was one of the poorest one in terms of resources in all of humanity's countries. Palmore City which was its capital, was only considered as a town compared to those big shot cities situated in those blooming countries.

Floating complex patterns, which was only visible to Hailey's eyes, appeared on the surroundings. If you normally look at Hailey, it looks like her eyes were closed, but the owner knew better.

She could see the whole room fine as a day except that millions of patterns were swirling around the whole room. Just seeing these for a minute and you could feel your eaten food from breakfast making its way up to reveal itself once again to the outside world. Seeing these for 5 minutes makes your conciousness flicker and for 10 minutes, it makes you retarted.

Permanently.

Well that was the case for normal people but for the chosen potency enhancers? It was a different story especially those with high talent like Hailey.

They could bathe in that experience even for 2 hours without feeling even the slightest discomfort.

Hailey plucked out different patterns pulsating with the weakest aura amongst the others and arranged it to make a circular formation beneath the spell book. She was using her mental energy to do the job of locating and arranging. Theres a rhythm and procedures in doing these therefore you need to locate and arrange the patterns on a specific time.

It was a strenuous job.

Slowly, the formation was forming itself together and after a while, a blinding light appeared. Before it, there slowly revealed a spell book that was once tattered, was now good as new. It was pulsating with an aura much stronger than before.

The young lady leaped out in excitement and before she could open the book and read its contents, doubts were sprouting inside her mind.

What if improves only the quality of the book physically but not the contexts and prowess of the spell imprinted? Wouldn't that be sad?

So sad.

It was really bugging her now that she thinks about it. Now was the chance to find out.

Hailey prepared herself and took a deep breath and opened the book.