Love me till eternity - Book XV (Part 1)

"Happy Birthday my baby. God bless you with all your wishes and longggg life. Your gift is in the fourth drawer of your yellow cupboard and I already told Stella (Our Maid) to give you your favourite blueberry cheesecake, did she give you?" My mother Mrs Rachel Foy chirped happily on video call.

"This is not fair mom; you promised me that you will be present here with me to celebrate my birthday no matter what." I grumbled sadly.

"I know I promised but.......I couldn't avoid, it was very important work and I had to go. I'm so sorry. Will you understand only for this time?" she said in guilty tone. I felt bad for behaving like stubborn kid.

How I wish that I shouldn't have born if I meant to live always lonely; though I am happy though I am sad; no one is there with me not even my mom, she's always busy with work. I am tired of everything. My dad Mr Jacob divorced my mom five years back and married with another woman. He never tried to meet me or wish me on my birthday. He's happy with his new wife and their kids. My mother is a strong woman, she recovered soon from that shocking incident when my dad demanded her to give divorce to him and leave his house. He was so unkind and insensible to my mom and me; he never treated me as his daughter; I couldn't understand the reasons why he hates my mom and me but anyways I either don't want to know the reasons. I love and respect my mom but it's just that I feel vey bad and edgy of my loner state. I am not strong like my mom to drag this lonely, colourless life. I need someone with me to talk, to support, to guide, to laugh, to console me when I feel to cry.

"I am sorry too mom. I will eat cake and I will see your gift. You take care of yourself. I have college tomorrow so I need to catch some sleep. Bye mom." I said faking smile, at least she will feel better if I smiled.

"Ok, good night hon, bye." She smiled feeling relieved. I hanged off the call and went to kitchen, to have some cake.

****

Stella was eating my birthday cake. Great! She smiled sheepishly when she noticed my presence.

"I am sorry Iris mam.........., it looked so delicious,.....so yummy... that I couldn't stop myself from tasting it." She stammered. At least she could take a piece in a plate and then eat but no, she had to spoil the whole cake with her hands.

"It's ok Stella. I don't want this cake anymore. You just packed it and take it to your home." I said to her. She nodded excitingly and started putting cake in her bag. I rolled my eyes to the greedy woman who is 30 years old but still behaves like 5 year old kid. She is unmarried yet and lives alone in town. I feel bad for her being alone but she seems always happy, I never saw her sad or gloomy in two years since she's working here.

****

Stella left to her house and I latched the door. I ate sandwiches since I couldn't eat my favourite blueberry cheesecake. My mom gifted me a very beautiful Peach colour dress and I loved it. I came to my bedroom and was ready to hit the bed, suddenly power gone. Oh no....I feel scared in dark. What should I do now? I closed my eyes praying that power should come again right now but it didn't. It was raining outside, maybe that's why the power has gone, and I think there is no chance the power will come back any soon.

I was feeling so terrible staying alone in my house with the haunting darkness, .........and then I heard someone was banging on door. My heart was pounding like inferno and I was sweating badly. I fear there shouldn't be any burglar outside the door. Trembling on my feet I reached to the door and opened my mouth to ask who's there outside? My mouth went dry when I tried to speak,

"Who?.........who's there?" I asked like a scared kitten?

To be continued.....

**Remember to Vote, Comment and Share to your friends**

LOVE XOXO