11

Lucas POV:

With every beep of my phone my heartbeat got faster. What if she doesn't pick up? No wait what if she does pick up? What am I even going to say? I should have thought this more through. Should I hang up again? No I can't do that then she would probably think-

,,Hi Lucas" Y/N said, which interrupted my thoughts. Her voice sounded a little bit shaky it almost sounded like if she was crying right before I called her. I immediately got worried.

,,Uhm hi Y/N, how are you doing?" I asked her in hopes that I could figure out why she sounded so upset.

,,G-Great" she stuttered. That didn't sound very convincingly. Should I ask her why she sounds so upset?,,What about you? Is everything alright? I didn't expect you to call me"she said. Ok I guess she doesn't want to talk about it. But what am I going to answere now? I probably sound like a creep.

,,Yeah everything is fine. I-I was just worried about you because you didn't reply to my message this morning" I answered. Wow... that did sound creepy. I mean I didn't want to force her to reply to me immediately.

,,Oh yeah I am sorry today was a little bit stressful, I had to watch my siblings again and then I totally forgot" she said. 

,, No don't be sorry. Sometimes I just think about these things to much" I chuckled in emberassement and I could feel my face heat up.Well done Lucas now you made her day even more stressful I thought to myself. I can be such an idiot why do I always have to think so negative about things like a little reply to my message. Now she probably thinks that I am clingy.

I notice that we hadn't said anything to each other in a while which created an awkward silence but I didn't want to hang up yet. Why do I always have to be so awkward? 

Y/N interrupted my thoughts,, Well I actually have to look for my siblings now but it was nice talking to you".

,,Okay have a nice evening I will text you later" I responded. She said bye and hung up. 

Of course I was sad that I didn't get to talk to her for a little longer, but at least I have talked to her now and now I know the reason why she didn't respond to my message. I walked out of my room and bumped into Marcus...

Don't forget to vote if you like the book😄😘

A/N: I'm sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in this one but I don't have time to go over it again (since this is a prewritten chapter) 😅