uno

[lowercase intended]

Piper★☆

as a young girl, ive always wondered what it was like to be away from the urban life. hearing constant horns and smelling indescribable things 24/7 isn't pleasing. seeing homeless people begging for scraps and drug dealers desperate to sell their supply scared the hell out of me. what if I became one of them?

i held the application paper in my hand.

i needed to get away.

Piper. 17. NYC.

seemed describable enough for now.

people constantly say, nyc is one of the greatest cities in the world how could you hate it!

i could write them an essay on why.

so how will my dad react to seeing his own preppy daughter want to leave home? i still have yet to find out.

this summer job I found in upstate
seemed like the perfect remedy. I always wanted to go there but my family never had enough time. I don't know why people don't focus on the beautiful part of the new york state more than the city.

It's saddening.

Michael★☆

looking at the vast lake for what it seemed like to be the 20th time today bored me to death.

why can't I live in the city? everything happens there.

of course my family had to open their own lame summer camp.

they barely have any workers this year so they depend on me and my cousins. how great.

"oh michael will you do this!"

"michael go do that!"

"michael gordon clifford i swear!"

I mean honestly who would want to work here anyway. the lake is boring. we have four canoes that are all almost about to break. our cabins are hot and all the bunks probably have insects on them.

sure, our hiking trails are cool but if you don't bring bug spray you're dead.

so here I am looking for a lost oar to one of our canoes that's been missing for a year. exciting.

one day I'll get away from this place and explore. one day I'll see the famous know city and get away from this irrelevant place.

one day.

-
[a.n]

this is short but I'm pretty sure this will be a short story. maybe the other chapters will be longer though :-)

I really like this idea and I love michael so yeah.