tres

Piper★☆

I decided to only pack a few bags. it's a summer camp so I shouldn't bring too much stuff.

wow, this is all shocking. I would actually being going to a summer camp. maybe not as a camper, but the feeling still feels similar.

who would of ever thought id be getting out of here. i say that as if I'm in prison or jail, but staying in a city so long can do this to you.

maybe I'm going crazy. what can a city do to me? when I think about it, I realize it just isn't for me. I belong in a regular suburban home with a huge back yard with a garden and maybe a trampoline.

i looked back at the large penthouse suite that I had been stuck in all my life. sure it was nice, but wasn't for me.

what if I was raised by my mother? I had never met her before. my father always had said she was a horrible person. in reality, I think they just divorced and my father had won the custody battle because of his wealthy lawyers. she's apparently somewhere in new jersey. so close but it's not like I could adventure towards there anyway. not yet at least.

my short blonde hair fell down a little above my shoulders. i was wearing a light blue skater skirt with a white blouse tucked in. this wouldn't be too fancy right? if it is that's too bad. my dad insists I wear the best and look my best. couldn't have the daughter of a business man looking like a bum!

//

before I knew it, I was outside my complex waiting for my fathers driver. i rarely would have his people drive me around because I walked everywhere in the city. this was unfortunately different.

the cadillac drove up and the chauffeur got out and opened the door for me before I could stop him. i wasn't Beyoncé, I don't need people to do things like this.

he took my bags as well and I got in.

"i'm timothy. nice to finally see you piper."

the man who looked like he was in his forties had smiled.

"you too. do you always open the door for everyone?" I asked out of curiosity.

It was probably a stupid question now that I think about it. although, conversation doesn't hurt.

"yes ma'am its my job."

"you don't have to for me. please don't, I'm not rihanna or Beyoncé."

he chucked and nodded.

"anything for you ms. anderson."

silence grew on about 30 minutes into the trip. a question had popped into my head.

"have you ever went to summer camp?"

he glanced back at me and smiled for what it seemed to be the 20th time today. he seems so happy, despite how sucky his job seems. i mean, who would want to drive people around constantly.

"yes. is this your first time?"

"does it look like I get out of the city?"

"right. well I loved it when I was little. we had a huge lake and every summer I would make new friends. the smell of s'mores and bonfires still is visible in my mind. the endless hikes in the forest were my favorite. it was nice to just be in a place of peace and serenity. plus the silence just gave me time to think. I wish I could go back and be a kid again. you'll have so much fun, honestly. I know you're working there but the experience should feel the same."

just in that moment I knew this was going to be the best summer of my life.