once

Piper★☆

it has been almost a week since the incident happened between me and michael. believe it or not, during this past week we haven't spoken a word to each other. i constantly pass him around the campground as im instructing campers where to go. if we make eye contact his eyes dart away faster than a cheetah.

speaking of campers, im now a camp counselor. let me tell you, im probably the best one you could ever have. all of my campers are girls (mr clifford had thought it would be more in my zone.) that are all in their teens.

this may sound odd, but they are seriously some of the best friends you could ask for. every day I make sure they get up, (sometimes I let them sleep in like a good person) eat breakfast, do their morning activity, eat lunch, do their afternoon activity, eat dinner, and then we all sit around the camp fire together at night.

today the girls had hiking in the morning and canoeing in the afternoon.

it's odd seeing michael around everywhere. it's odd not being able to talk to him about anything. it's odd not having him in my life. even though we only had talked for a week prior to the incident, during that week we had become extremely close. we talked everyday and did almost everything together. now, I feel like something is missing inside me.

ever since the camp started and everyone got divided into their own jobs, none of us have really spoken. besides ashton, he tries to flirt with me occasionally and I know he means no harm but im just not exactly interested.

today I found myself staring at michael in the dining hall during breakfast. he had all boy campers. he was engaging into conversation with them and listening carefully to what they had to say. just like how he would listen to me.

"pipe, what are you looking at?"

I quickly darted my head to the attention of my camper melissa. she caught me.

"just the lake, you know for the canoeing today."

"alright then, you keep staring at the blue haired lake." she giggled and so did all of the other girls. I just shrugged and continued eating my frosted flakes, it's not like they knew him anyway.

before I knew it I was on my way to get my campers for the upcoming hike. I had to go to my cabin and get my sneakers and lots of bug spray.

unfortunately, I had run into two boys on the way there.

"hi piper it's been awhile." luke just smirked at me, this can't be good.

"yeah, it has." i nodded, in a way I missed talking to them.

"listen, I'm just going to get right into it. michaels been acting really weird lately, he barely talks to us. when we try to he just says a few words and makes up an excuse to leave. we've tried telling him that it wasn't your fault numerous times. he just shrugs and walks away."

was he really ignoring his best mates? it didn't seem like he was that effected by this.

"i don't really know what to say."

this is when calum interjected.

"piper! you're the reason why he's like this, well not the reason reason but you know! he's upset because you guys aren't talking. you know how close you two were, im sure you feel the same way."

believe me calum, i do.

"so, you and michael have to somehow talk again." luke finished for calum.

"that's a nice suggestion, but I doubt it's going to happen."

"we have it all figured out. you two are both scheduled for canoeing today and we have the perfect plan."

"this doesn't involve knocking down tree houses does it?"

the two boys just awkwardly pouted.

"yeah, about that, we're sorry." luke scratched the back of is neck.

I just nodded.

"anyway, we just thought we would warn you in advance."

"warn me of what?"

"that is for you to find out!" calum screamed while running away with luke. weird boys.

although, i couldn't help but smile at the thought of getting one of my best friends back.

so now as I was beginning to hike through the forest with my girls, all I could think about was him.

-a.n.
yay for updates
pretty sure no ones reading this but hey I really like writing this :).

this was a bad filler but the next chapter is gonna be juicy yall.