𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

General Blyden took a deep breath, then walked into the throne room. King Abbadon lounged on his throne, which was fashioned from Stygian Iron. Upon seeing Blyden approach, he sat up, eyes glinting.

"How is the interrogation going, general? Do you have any answers from the son of Hades?"

Blyden hesitated. "Majesty," he finally said. " The Hades Cabin head counselor refused to join us. When we tried to take him by force, we didn't succeed; he was too powerful."

Abaddon slowly rose from his throne, prowling forward until he stood in front of General Blyden. "What you're telling me,"he growled, "is that we do not have Nico di Angelo in our custody."

"Yes, my lord," the general said. "But we were able to capture Will Solace, the head counselor of the Apollo Cabin."

King Abbadon was silent for a count of three. "Your soldiers were too weak to take the son of Hades, so you tried your luck with a child of Apollo, thinking this would appease me?"

"My lord--"

"You ignorant fool. You should have come back and gotten a better unit to seize the Ambassador from Pluto. You shouldn't have gone and gotten this Apollo child. You've just created more problems than you could've fixed."

"I--"

"Enough!" Abbadon brought his clawed hand across Blyden's face. The general's head snapped to the side, his cheek stinging. Four red lines bled black blood.

"You disobeyed my orders," the Lord of Demons snarled, "but I'll give you a second chance to prove yourself. Interrogate this Will Solace to see if you can get anything out of him, or make him swear fealty."

"We've already tried, lord."

"And?"

"Alas, he is stronger than he looks. But I will keep trying. He will break soon, Your Highness."

King Abbadon growled deep in his throat. "Do not disappoint me, general." He turned and walked away.