Feelings

Chapter 7

 Peyton’s P.O.V

I have been out of the hospital for one day now. Feeling like my self again so that meant it was time for me to call my parents and tell them about my accident and how I now have a thousand dollars’ worth of hospital bills. I got shivers running up and down my body because of how nervous I was. Were they going to make me come home already? It has only been a week and I would be letting down Aubrey and plus I still had so much more to see and there was also Tony.

I grabbed my cell phone off of my night stand and dialed the number that I have programmed in my head since as long as I could remember.

“Hi dad, it’s Peyton.” I say in a shaky voice. My stomach is in knots right now.

“Peyton, my dear let me get your mother.” He says in a cheery voice next I hear him say in a sweet voice “Barb, Peyton is on the phone all the way from Cabo, come and talk to her."

Right after, I hear my mother pick up the phone.

“Hi sweetie, how is Cabo so far?” My mother says in an excited voice.

Why did they have to be so happy? How am I ever going to tell them the bad news now without letting them down?

“Hi mom, Cabo is great I love it here. Everyone is so nice and fun to be around and the food… oh the food is excellent. You guys would love it here.” I say knowing that my parents would have grins on their faces. “But there is something that I have to tell you.” I begin.

“What is it Peyton, is everything alright?” They both say in unison with a worried tone in their voice.

“Well I went jet skiing and we got in an accident.” I say really fast at an almost whisper.

My mom was the first to speak, more like a shriek. “Oh my gosh are you and Aubrey okay? How bad is it?

“Well I had to go to the hospital and ended up having a concussion and Aubrey… well she wasn’t there. I went with a friend that I met here.” I say still very nervous.

“I knew she wasn’t ready for this trip Barb. Who is this friend?” My dad yells in a stern voice.

“Yes, I am dad. It was an accident, and his name is Tony.” I begin to defend myself.

“Peyton! You know what I said about being alone with boys especially in Mexico. It’s dangerous.” My dad says practically screaming at me. He never screams at me I was always the golden child that did everything right.

“Mike, calm down. She isn’t a child anymore and plus if Aubrey let her go with him he couldn’t have been that dangerous.” My mother finally pitches in making me gain slight relief. She doesn't even realize half the stuff that Aubrey does which I am thankful for because otherwise they probably wouldn't even let me be friends with her.

“Thanks mom.” I say highly appreciated.

“Well it’s still not okay.” My dad says calming down a bit.

“So who is Tony, is he cute, do you like him?” My mom says with her cheery voice again.

Oh boy, I was not ready to have this conversation with them... not now, not ever. So instead I just ignore the questions.

“Bye mom and dad… love you” I say sarcastically but before I push the end button I hear my mom say:

"Make sure to wear protection." and at that I push the end button on my phone to end this crazy conversation. Then I quickly realized that I forgot to tell them about the hospital bills that I had to put on my emergency credit card. Oh well they will notice sooner or later.