Old Men

Chapter 11

I quietly walk up to my room smiling non-stop. I open the door with a click and I quietly flick my shoes off, not wanting to wake Aubrey up. I creep to my bed and trip on my suitcase falling on my face. “Ow shit.”

“Peyton?” I hear in a groggy voice.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you. Go back to sleep.”

Like nothing happened she is out.

 * * * 

“Don’t think that I didn’t notice that you came home at four in the morning missy.” Aubrey says as we wake up.

“Sorry, I meant to be home earlier but Tony and I lost track of time.” I say with a smile from cheek to cheek.

“Oh my god, oh my god, Peyton! You totally got de-flowered last night. You bitch why didn’t you tell me as soon as you got home?” She jumps on top of me.

Was it really that obvious? I don’t know what is happening to me, I am totally becoming a new person. I was finally coming out of my shell, opening up to new people, new opportunities. The high school days were over. I had no idea that I would fall this fast for someone, heck someone that I met in a different country.

“Gross don’t say it like that but I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I tease.

“Stop lying, I want details. Tell me everything, I mean everything.”

“Well I’m not telling you everything because that’s just going too far… but he took me on this deserted beach. It was amazing. I think I’m falling for him.”

I couldn’t stop picturing us on the beach last night. It was like on replay. ‘Concentrate Peyton.’

“I didn’t know you could be so dirty.”

I shove her in the arm and we both start laughing.

“Well I guess there are some things that you don’t think I’m capable of.” I tease.

“Yeah, right for the longest time you were the biggest prude that I have ever know.”

“Hey that is totally a lie and you know it. Remember when I dated Drake?”

“Yeah you kissed him once for a dare and you ran away right afterwards.”

That shut me up.

“Guess what we got invited to a party tonight by Alejandro.”

“Oh so you’re talking to him again?”

“Yeah we made up last night when you were gone and he explained it all. He was really sweet about it.”

“Okay, just be careful I don’t want you to get heartbroken again.”

“Alright, mother.”

“Just looking out for you.”

All of a sudden my phone vibrates on the night stand alerting me that I have a new text message. I open it and it’s from Tony. I immediately begin to smile.

I can’t stop thinking about you pretty girl. Will you be going to the party tonight?

I send him a message back. Yeah I will be there!

Two minutes later he replies: Good, save a dance for me. Have a great day! I’ll pick you up at 8.

Great it’s only one o’clock, I can’t wait seven hours. Aubrey and I decide to go into town to go shopping for a party outfit. We walk into our first store and it’s a small little tourist shop with shirts that say Cabo all over them. Totally tacky if you ask me. But I see a counter with jewelry so I walk up to it. I move my hands all through the necklaces admiring each piece. I notice one in particular; it was a silver necklace with a small silver whale on it. It made me think about the special moment last night with Tony. It was a little cheesy but I knew I had to get it. I went up to the cashier and saw a bowl full of those rope bracelets with the shells on them, what the heck I may as well buy one for Tony. I place both of the items on the counter and wait for a big old man to ring me up. I notice that he checks me out and having a big grin on his face. What a perve.