5 Years Worth

[a/n I can't believe it! 1k reads! Thank you for motivating me and reading this book and posting your positive comments. Never did I think I would reach 100, not to mention 1000 reads. Love you guys more than you'll ever know. xo]

[Your POV]

     I smiled and blushed at the sight of his red cheeks.

"Uh, c-come in!" he said, moving out of the doorway, gesturing me in.

"Sorry it's such a mess," he said, while picking up random trash off of the floor, "you know how much of a pig they are. 'Specially Sirius."

"It's really no problem, I mean, you should see my dorm, it's about 7 times messier than this," I rambled, not noticing that Remus was gesturing me to sit on his bed.

I finally noticed and cautiously sat down.

His bed smelled of old parchment, and mmm - chocolate!

"You, uh, said you wanted to talk?" he stuttered slightly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, yeah," I began carefully, "you were acting kind of weird today, like distracted, nervous or something. Especially in Potions, when we were talking about Wolfsbane?"

He tensed up. I had a feeling he didn't want to talk to me about this.

Noticing this, I quickly said "Oh, but, um, if you don't want to talk about it, that's perfectly fine, too."

He cleared his throat.

"This is not how I wanted to tell you this, but, um," he chewed his bottom lip.

"Come on Remus, I'm your girlfriend," I joked, coaxingly.

"I - I'm a, I'm a werewolf." he said, barely audible.

Well, that had taken me by surprise.

"You're a - what?" I said, still confused about what I just heard.

His face was growing redder by the second.

"I - I didn't want to tell you, well, because, you know, in Potions you said that you hated werewolves and we're such good friends, and I didn't want to ruin that," he quickly said.

I felt a pang in my heart when he referred to me as a friend. I thought he liked me? Had Sirius been wrong?

I looked down slightly.

"No, that's fine, Remus. I didn't mean to offend you, it's actually pretty cool that you're a werewolf." I said, giving him a sad half smile.

"What? You mean it?" He said excitedly, "oh, (Y/N), thank you so much for understanding, I could... I could..." he rambled, "I could just kiss you."

I stared wide eyed at him as I felt a rush of heat on my cheeks.

Remus looked taken aback because of what he said, and I could tell this was going to get very awkward, very quick.

"Yeah, well," I chuckled, "you are my boyfriend, right," I jokingly punched him on the arm.

He looked up at me and gave me a crooked smile.

This was already getting awkward.

I eyed the scar on his cheek.

"Where's your first aid kit?" I said quickly, "we have to clean up that cut of yours before it gets infected," I stood up and tried to make it look like I was looking for it.

"It's okay, I know where it is," he said sheepishly, and started rummaging through his trunk.

I sat down back on his bed and mentally relived what happened.

After a few moments, he finally found the kit and handed it to me.

I dumped the contents out and eyed the products in front of me.

I grabbed a small bottle of medical alcohol, some cotton balls, and a bandaid.

I turned to Remus.

"Now, this may burn a little, but I have to disinfect the cut, okay?" I said.

"Alright," he replied quietly.

[Remus' POV]

     As she put the cotton ball soaked in alcohol on my face, I winced a little.

"Shh, I know it burns, just a few more, okay?" she said.

I nodded, remembering how much I hated medical alcohol.

Her eyebrows were furrowed as she focused on my scar.

There was something about her that made my heart race.

Correction, everything about her made my heart race. 

I think she noticed me staring at her because she had stopped cleaning my cut.

This was it.

She looked at me with these big innocent eyes, she was just so, so beautiful. I didn't know what I would do if she wasn't mine.

My heart was pumping so fast and my hands reacted quicker than my brain.

[Your POV]

     I was frozen. I'd noticed Remus staring at me and I couldn't take it. I didn't think Sirius was serious [;)] about Remus liking me, but it had actually starting to make sense.

I soon felt his soft hands cup around my face. I blushed so bad, Lily's hair couldn't compete.

He brushed a stray lock of hair off of my face and used the back of his hand to brush my cheek.

This was it.

Before I knew it, I felt his lips on mine, and a wave full of 5 years worth of hidden feelings just spilled out.

His hands were lightly clutched around my waist as felt his warm brown hair with my hands.

He tasted so sweet, like a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.

I never wanted to let go.

~
04/10/18
word count; 871
-
HELLO BABES! What a better way to thank you guys for one! thousand! reads! than by having your first kiss with Remus? I'm so sorry this was delayed, I was so unmotivated and literally I was going to upload this chapter a few minutes ago and have Remus kiss you the next chapter, but I pulled through for you guys. Thank you so much. I love + appreciate you all more than you'll ever know.

emma x