Chapter 4: Present

I woke up to the sound of Zayn gently stroking my arm, trying to wake me up.

"Niall? Wake up.. Liam prepared breakfast for all of us." He cracked a small smile. I stirred and sat up. I yawned and he tried to strike up a conversation.

"So, how are you feeling?" He asked.

I shrugged and said, "Terrible."

He sighed softly. Zayn has always been the one to understand me. I always open up to him about you, Bailey. I hope you're not getting bored right now, it's just that I had been feeling worse lately. I'm so sorry.

"We should go downstairs." Zayn mumbled, audible enough for me to hear. I gave him a quick nod before grabbing a set of clothes, not bothering what it is and went to the dining room.

I had actually forgotten what the kitchen and the dining room looked like. Not being in here in almost a month, who wouldn't forget about that. I took a quick glance by the kitchen and I swore I saw you and I. It was me and you, Bailey! We were having a mere food fight. Those were the days when I always see your smile. The past few days before you left, all I see were forced and weak ones. I wish you told me about everything though. But I don't blame you.

I laughed softly about the memory, but Louis gave me a worried look that broke my trail of thoughts. And when I looked back at the kitchen, the faded memory of us was gone, like it wasn't even there at all.

"Niall.. Is there something funny?" Louis asked. He was usually the one to brighten the mood, but this time, he was almost as depressed as I am. But he can function well, and I can't. There were dark circles under his eyes, and his lips were chapped, due to constant biting. I feel so sorry for him, Bailey. He blames himself. He loves you very much. As a matter of fact, he was the one who introduced me to you. He was your best friend.

"It's nothing, I just saw something.." I trailed off.

He handed me a plate full of food before pressing the subject, "What did you saw?"

I shook my head, indicating that it was private. He just nodded and decided to change the subject for my sake. The other boys were just staring at their food, mouths slightly hanging open. The tension in the air can be cut off with a knife. No one was saying a thing.

"Eat your food, Niall." Louis blurted out. He must've noticed that I was just staring at the distance. It felt ridiculous, really. I was waiting for you to just pop out of nowhere and be in my arms again.

"I'm not hungry." I pouted and pushed the plate towards them. Harry was the first person to gasp. The boys all knew that even if what situation I am, there's always time for food. I am always hungry. I'm hungry right now, Bailey. But to me, you're more important.

"Niall-" Liam started, but I cut him off.

"I'm going out."