Chapter 20: Memory

She was smiling to herself. Niall did this for her. He set up a wonderful date for them. It’s been nearly 2 weeks since Bailey’s audition, and she got over it. But Niall insisted on taking her on a date for a formal apology.

“You don’t have to do this, Niall..” She trailed off, her shyness overwhelming her.

“But I want to. And I really want to ask you something.” Niall smiled, but soon faded when he saw Bailey tensing up. “Don’t worry about it.” He heard Bailey sighing out of relief before sitting on the wooden bench.

“It’s really wonderful, you know.” Bailey beamed up at him.

“Thanks, it’s all for you. I’m really sorry about a few weeks ago, Bailey. I really am.” He sadly smiled. He said sorry at least a gazillion times already, and every time, Bailey would patiently forgive him.

“Honestly, Niall?” She said, fixing herself in to the position that’s she facing him.

“Hmm?” He asked.

“I’m actually happy that I didn’t get the part. If it wasn’t for that rejection, I wouldn’t be this close with you.”

Niall grinned hopefully, maybe they had mutual feelings?

“I really like you, Niall. You’re funny, you’re sweet, you’re everything a girl could ever ask for. So I was wondering.. do you like me too?” She added, the third sentence barely above a whisper.

“Yeah, I really like you too. And my question is..” He faltered, unsure. He wanted Bailey to be his girlfriend, but somehow something was pulling him back. He decided to ignore his sub conscience who was currently telling him to not ask her for the last couple of weeks.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”