Chapter 17: Present

I did the best thing I could think of.

I slashed my skin. A total of 12 times. It hurt when I first slashed it, but when I saw the blood oozing out, a sigh of relief escaped my lips. I know you hated it when people cut, but that’s the only thing I could think of as now.

No one understands me. Liam seemed to check up on me daily, Zayn has been trying to cheer up everyone, Harry was also visiting your grave from time to time, bringing you flowers and candles. Then there’s Louis.. we’re almost in the same situation. Except for the fact that he can actually function properly. But me? I am a total mess.

A total mess that no one should talk to. That no one should interact with. But the boys keep persuading me that I should go out and hang out for a while, to keep my mind from problems. But everywhere I go, all I see is you. I don’t know, but I always see you. Everywhere I look, there’s always a faded figure beside me, smiling. I know it’s you, Bailey. I know.

After cleaning up my arms, I wore a long sleeved shirt to cover it up.

I turned around and there you were again, facing me. Your faded figure frowning upon me.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” You spoke. I gasped quietly. This was the first time you ever spoke to me. I wanted to hug you, kiss you, and hold you. But I was frozen in my spot, gawking at your presence.

With a swift movement, you ran away. I tried following you, Bailey, I really did. But my body won’t let me.

“Wait, Bailey!” I screamed.

The boys scrambled in to my room and saw me, tears streaming down my face.

“Niall, what happened?”

“Did you just called Bailey?!”

“What’s wrong?”

I just shook my head and said, “Nothing.. I saw her again.”

Louis and Liam look at each other nervously before saying, “Niall.. you’re hallucinating.”

I was taken aback at what they said. Was I really hallucinating?

It can’t be.. I swear I saw you.

No, I refuse to say that I just imagined you.

I knew I saw you.