Chapter 23: Present

“Niall, open the damn door!” Louis screamed, repeatedly trying to unlock the door. “No, go away!” I yelled back. I just gotten home from visiting the park, it’s been nearly 4 months since I last visited it, and I only went back because that’s where I asked you to be my girlfriend.

“Please… I’m so sorry..” Louis croaked out.

I sighed deeply before standing up and opening the door.

“What do you want, Lou? I’m already torn apart, and nothing you say will get me any better!”

“We have to talk. I’m not done with you yet, mister!” Louis pointed a crook finger at me. I groaned and let him in.

He sat on the nearby chair and said, “I haven’t even forgiven you for what you did to Bailey. This was the result. Her leaving us, all because of your stinking attitude.”

“Don’t think like I don’t know that, Louis.” I snorted out.

“Well if you knew it even way before, then maybe Bailey would still be here! Stop acting like a child, Niall! This badly affects me too! Just imagine having your best friend of nearly 15 years killed herself because of your band mate! Really, Niall?! You think you’re the only who’s depressed?!” Louis grumbled, clenching his fists in the process.

“Look, Louis, I never meant those words I said..”

“Really?” Louis asked poisonously.

“Of course!” I said defensively. I crossed my arms, showing him that he peeved me and he should immediately leave.

"Tell me, Niall, do you love her?" Louis quizzed.

Niall scoffed at his choice of words, "You know I still do, Lou!"

He took the signal and rolled his eyes, “If you loved or still love her, you should've shown it before. You should've appreciated her. And now? Well, let's just say you're too late. And if you do love her, you knew perfectly well that you didn't show it at all.”