2. Awkward Slow Walk

Note: I promise I'll put in some Gratsu action. Not smut and such though, that's not my specialty."

And I've not been writing anything other than this lately so this is kinda horrible. But enjoy or whatever ((;*

-----

If you were strolling through Magnolia that Sunday afternoon, you would see an odd couple containing a fire Dragon Slayer and an ice make mage walking towards the guild named Fairy Tail. They were walking kinda close to each other, but not close enough for anyone to think they were dating.

Which they weren't.

Neither Natsu or Gray were talking very much, which is very unusual for the two.

Once in a while they would look at each other at the same time, which would lead to Natsu smiling a huge smile and Gray laughing awkwardly. Gray really liked that smile. Natsu really liked that awkward laugh. Actually they really liked most things about each other. If you knew that, someone telling you that they weren't dating would  just be crazy. But they weren't.

"For the love of god Gray, say something."

Gray's thoughts were now featuring Natsu's smile instead of his hips.

Which Gray thought was better.

Not that there was anything wrong with Natsu's hips, quite the opposite to be honest, but Gray really felt like a pervert thinking of Natsu's hips.

Gray's before rival but now not-really-sure-what's-going-on-friend-thing-crush (he had almost admitted to himself now that he had a crush) could only think of one thing; "Gray is so cute, like, all the time. How haven't I noticed this before? God- were there some brain messing mage at the party, this is not normal."

Natsu couldn't think of any Fairy Tail mage with that kind of magic.

From Gray's house to the guild was a ten minute walk. Then why had they been walking for fifteen? They still didn't see the guild.

Natsu wasn't sure why, but they were walking very slow.

Natsu couldn't recall Gray ever walking this slow.

He threw a look at Gray once again and noticed that he was very deep down in thoughts.

"What is he thinking about? Did he fight with someone? Is he mad at me for showing up? I just wanted to see him, not make him mad. Maybe he's just tired."

Natsu could now see the guild up ahead. He could also see a person he knew rounding a corner with a shopping bag.

Lucy.

"HEY LUCY!"

Lucy turned around when she heard her name. When she saw Natsu and Gray she smiled and waved.

Natsu ran to her and Gray came shortly after. When he reached the two good friends they were already in a wild conversation.

"And I wanted to thank you for everything, especially the chocolate fountain you gave me. It's awesome! Happy really liked it too, but he ate too much chocolate, that's why he's not here."

Lucy gave him a cute smile.

"I thought you would like it. Too bad for Happy though, but he kinda put himself in the situation. Oh that's right, you're here Gray. Why exactly are you walking together?"

"I don't know really, that bastard just showed up."

Natsu's heart sank to the bottom of the sea when he heard Gray say those words.

Gray's voice sounded mad. Or at least not happy. Natsu didn't like thinking that Gray was mad because Natsu showed up.

His face went from a huge smile to a less huge smile in a second.

Lucy saw this.

She also saw how Gray looked away, also a little sad.

She tried to cheer them up, if just a little.

"I heard Erza brought the food that no one ate yesterday to the guild. Natsu, aren't you hungry?"

At once Natsu smiled bigger again.

"Of course! Always up for food!"

Lucy smiled. Gray also smiled.

"I have to go leave this bag at home," Lucy said, "but you two go ahe- whoa you run fast."

They were competing who could get there first.

"SEE YOU LATER GUYS" Lucy screamed to them, not sure if they heard her.

She sighed and started walking home.