13. Alone

Totally not losing inspiration. Not at all. Nope.

I'm so sorry, I haven't had time or been able to write, and now school starts... Shit... I'll try to have at least one day/ week I can write on. So yeah, take this chapter and cuddle it to death and I'm going to continue this story a little longer (;

-----------------------------------

It had been a long time since Gray had been alone on a mission. Since the team was made, he hadn't had much time or space to go alone.

First day;

He went off the train in some little town. He had been on an overnight-train, so it was morning now.

He walked the streets, they were actually pretty crowded, people were going to work.

Then he got to another street and it was empty.

He found a creepy door in a dark alley that had the right address. He knocked on the door, and waited.

Nothing happened.

He knocked again.

Still nothing.

Just as he was about to knock a third time, the door was opened, and someone dragged him inside, before shutting the door again.

"Hello?" Gray said, confused.

"I believe you're here for the... little problem."

Gray looked in the direction of the voice, but saw nothing. It sounded like a woman, around 25.

"Yeah. I am," he said, confident.

"Do you think you have what it takes?"

"Well, it didn't seem that difficult."

"I like you... You're brave. What's your name?"

Gray was feeling a little uncomfortable. He wished Natsu was there. Natsu...

Natsu was brave. Gray wasn't. Or maybe he was.

But he didn't feel brave as he stood there, almost shaking.

"I'm not brave."

"Answer my question then. What's your name?"

"My name is Gray. Enough with the small talk now. Seriously, I came here to help you, not to have a good time."

"Maybe you could do both." Gray could hear the seduction in her voice now.

"Not happening."

"Hm. Pity. You're not a bad piece of human."

Something about how she phrased that made Gray shiver.

"Look, I've had enough. I'm leaving." He turned to the door but realised it was not there.

Then suddenly, he felt something sharp, like a knife, cutting into his arm. Something really hard hit his leg, and he fell to the floor.

Second day;

Gray woke up in some bushes in a forest. He tried to call for help but no one answered.

He sighed and passed out again.

The next time he woke up he was in some kind of hospital room. Or was he? It could just be a room, with a couch in it. The walls were a very pale blue colour, and it didn't have much other furniture.

He sat up and felt pain in his leg, so he sighed and grabbed a book that lay beside him.

After hours of reading the book, that was as bad as twilight if not even worse, he fell asleep once again.

----------------------------------

Natsu sat in his room. He was really bored, waiting really wasn't his thing.

Suddenly someone knocked on his door. Natsu jumped up and ran to the door, expecting Gray.

The three days without Gray had been a little lonely for Natsu, but it had been good for him. It had given him time to think.

(Natsu, thinking? Wow, anything can really happen in a fanfic.)

Natsu's thinking had made him realise a bunch of stuff.

The first day he had spent thinking about Gray and their past together. Old memories, from fights and from times of friendship. Thinking of it like that, something had always been there, but the flower that hadn't bloomed until now.

The second day was also spent thinking about Gray, but this time it was how extremely attractive he was, and how stupid Natsu had been for not realising sooner. God.

This day had up to this point been spent doing nothing. Because he didn't feel like doing anything. That's normal, right?

Natsu opened the door, and his mouth opened as much at the sight.

Lucy.

He quickly shut the door again.

"Natsu! It's important."

She had put her foot to stop the door.

"What would you ever want. You're supposed to hate me."

"Gray is injured. We got a message this morning."

"What!?" Natsu's expression went from 'I don't care' to 'OMFG WHAT NO' in less than a second.

"Something happened when he was away. I don't know how bad he is. You should go check on him."

Natsu gave Lucy a suspicious look.

"Why would you care about me? Or Gray? I thought you wanted him to yourself."

"When I saw you two being all cute together, my fangirl melted into a puddle of shipping. Oh, there's no better feeling than when a ship sails," she said and did some stupid wavy motion with her hand. "Anyway, I think he's at the guild, in a closed off area."

Natsu brought himself together. "Thank you for telling me," he managed to get out before he ran to the guild.

Happy had been right outside the house and saw Natsu running. He flew up beside him.

"Natsu, what's going on?"

"Lucy told me Gray's injured. I have to see him."

Natsu just continued to run until he came to the guild. He ran through the doors, looked around and saw Erza pointing at a door, knowing why he was here.

Natsu went into the room and saw Gray. He was lying on a couch, asleep, with a book covering his face. Apparently, it was one of Lucy's older novels. Where did Gray get that from?

Happy saw Gray too, and decided to leave them alone.

Natsu walked up to him and sat down next to him, and put away the book.

"Gray, what happened to you?"

"Natsu?"

Natsu almost started crying, but he tried to hold it back as he hugged Gray.

"I missed you," he said, still fighting back the tears. "Seriously, how could you get hurt like that? I was so worried."

Gray explained what had happened, and ended it all with "I'm sorry, I missed you too."

Natsu signed and looked at Gray. "You're never going on a mission alone again. Ever."

"I don't want to, and I don't have to. I have you."

"Gray, I just..."

Gray grabbed Natsu's shirt and dragged him close, looking deep into his eyes before he kissed the dragon slayer.

"Hey, be careful, my leg hurts like a bitch," Gray said when they had pulled away.

"Oh... Yeah... Sorry."

Gray laughed and kissed Natsu again.

No one knew what the future would hold.