Chapter 15

Vic's POV

I took Kellin's hand as we walked down the hall together, the guys in tow behind us and smiled at him. He had his MRI today to see if he was actually eligible for the implants and I could tell he was nervous. He kept gnawing on his lip and was sort of shifty but, he stayed confident and I was so utterly proud of him for that.

"So, you're meeting his family today," Alan said, looking like he was about to laugh at me and I shrugged.

"Well, I've already met his sister, I'm really just meeting his parents," I said. "Why?"

Alan looked at Kellin who was off in his own little world and started laughing. "His mother is a fucking overprotective lunatic. You're not going to survive."

"You and Kailey both have said this but Kellin told me she's not that bad," I said, a little worried. I knew that his mother was protective of him and she had every right to be. But it's not like I was going to do anything to Kells. To be honest, I freaking loved him and I was just waiting for him to get his implants to tell him I love him. I didn't want to say it until he could hear me and that's literally the only reason I wasn't going to say anything about it.

"You got a lot coming your way. I'm his best friend and every time I go over she basically interrogates me about everything and anything."

"Yeah but you're a bad kid, she's probably worried you're going to rub off on Kellin, I'm a good kid who just wants to make sure he's happy," I told him and Alan rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a bad kid, and she doesn't even know about all of that," Alan stated. "She's just psychotic. Just ask Kellin," he told me and tapped my boyfriend's arm. Kellin jumped and looked at us both wide eyed.

"What?"

"Is your mom crazy? I mean like, when Vic meets her today is she going to go overboard?" Alan asked and glanced at me. Kellin forced a smile and looked at me and shook his head, laughing silently.

"No, she's not crazy and she is not going to go overboard. My mom is totally normal," he signed and gave me a reassuring kiss. "She's going to love you," Kellin whispered in my ear. I smiled and took his hand in mine and squeezed it.

"See, Alan, she's going to love me," I said haughtily.

"Trust me, you're another way of taking away her precious baby, she's going to hate you," Alan said and started cackling.

"She's not."

"She will," Alan sang and Kellin looked at both of us shaking his head.

"My mom might hate you at first but give her time and she'll realize how happy you make me."

"Okay?" I said giving Kellin a look. He smiled and gave me a kiss.

Alan gave me a look, "She's gonna hate you. Kellin can say anything he wants, but she'll hate you."

"She will get used to you," Kellin said softly and kissed me again.

"I don't want her to hate me!" I whined.

"She won't."

"She will," Alan argued and Kellin glared at him. Something I had definitely learned was that glaress from Kellin were terrifying and I was thankful when I was not on the receiving end of all of that. .

Kellin turned to me, "Don't listen to him, he's an idiot."

I gave him a small smile. "Okay, okay. If she doesn't like me then I'm going to fight you."

He chuckled, "alright then." He leaned forward and gave me a quick kiss. I smiled and just wrapped my arms around him and swayed a little with him. We were standing in the middle of the hallway, sure, but it was okay. I just enjoyed spending time with him. He sighed in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my neck.