Chapter 18

Alan's POV

Today I decided that I needed to talk to Austin, so I texted him and asked to talk with him after school. I was nervous, because this was going to be a make or break for me. I figured it out. I was in love with him and I had to make sure if we did get back together it would be worth it. I didn't want him breaking my heart. And I didn't want to hurt his either.

Kellin, Vic, Justin and I were all sitting at lunch together.

"I'm talking to Austin today," I said sitting up a little.

"About damn time. He's chain smoking he's so upset," Justin mumbled. "He won't even share."

"Well it's not like you're going to pay him back," I noted. "Has his smoking gotten worse?"

"A bit," he admitted. "Like I said, he's chain smoking."

"Oh shit."

"It's pretty bad," Vic said. "Kellin started throwing stuff at him yesterday because he stunk up his car with smoke."

"Maybe he'll cut down after we talk or something."

Hopefully. Kellin signed.

"Do you think it'll go okay?" I asked them.

"I think so. I mean, I don't know why not." Kellin told me.

"He's still been with the girl, so I don't know."

"Still."

"I guess... I just don't want things to like go wrong or something you know? Maybe I'm overthinking this or something."

"I don't think they'll go wrong."

I shrugged. He was right. Today would go fine and maybe we'd be be back together and happy again.

....

When school ended I waited outside for Austin. As I waited the more nervous I got. I just didn't want something to go wrong. I couldn't afford that today. I just wanted this to go okay.

When I saw him walk out of the school, he was already lighting a cigarette. He noticed me and started walking over.

"You ready to talk?" He asked right away.

I nodded, "Ready when you are. Do you want to talk here or somewhere else?"

"Can we walk to the park down the street?"

"Sure, sure. Vic and Justin said you've been smoking a lot more." I said as we started walking.

"Yeah, it help with stress," he said with a shrug.

"What has you stressed?"

He gave me a look, "Seriously?"

"Right, duh sorry about that."

"It's okay, hopefully things go right with our talk you know?"

"Yeah..."

We got to the park and sat down by each other on a bench. It was awkward at first since neither of us said anything. I felt like I didn't know what to say to him.

"Did you mean it when you said you loved me?" I asked quietly.

"Of course I did."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Because things happened and I didn't get a chance to. I was going to tell you that night, but well obviously I couldn't. I mean it though. I love you a lot. you mean the world to me and I wish I didn't get you in trouble, because then we wouldn't have to deal with this. I love you Ash and I miss you."