False Smile • Chapter 10

Y/N wiped his hands together and admired his hard work. "That's much better. Thanks for the help, Jeongyeon. I know how much this means to you, especially with dorm mates like these." He eyed the guilty few, who suddenly thought a plant vase was more interesting and stared at it.

Jeongyeon gave him an high five. "I guess you will be checking up on Tzuyu now?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, and hoping she'll be alright with the reason that I'll give. Should I be worried about this guy?"

Jihyo then spoke out from the couch. "I'll be honest here Y/N. If he managed to get Tzuyu to date him, he is someone special."

Y/N sighed. "Okay then. I'll just hope Tzuyu is in the right mind to handle a ghost from her past. And if he's as much as you say he is, I might have some competition."

Sana poked her head out of her room door and smiled to herself. "Come back soon!" She waved before disappearing into her room.

He bade the others farewell and started on his way back to Tzuyu's house. He often wondered why she didn't pick to sleep at the dorm, but never actually asked her on why. He could help ease out Kotori's work load.

•°•

Tzuyu held her head as she sat up. Her head hurt a lot, and everything seemed so dizzy. She couldn't remember what happened, and why she was in her bed.

"Y/N?" She called out, and was immediately worried when he didn't come. She then remembered what happened and her rage knew no bounds. She heard the door knocking and ran down, opening it forcefully.

"You've got some nerve-" Tzuyu stopped herself and gasped. That wasn't Y/N. That was.. "Zheyang.." her ex.

He was much more good looking than before, and had buffed up quite a lot. She frowned and closed the door on him, bu he held it open. "Leave. Don't ever come back. My father will know about this."

"Tzuyu.. My Tzuyu. It's been so long. Have you forgotten everything we had?" He said.

His words disgusted her. "Don't ever say that I'm yours again. You broke me. You left me in the dust, and here you are now. Why are you even here? You have no business being here."

He could easily overpower her from the door, but acted like he was weaker than he actually is. "You didn't receive my letters? Oh, I know why. I sent them to the dorm, not here."

Tzuyu was faltering. "L-Leave this place now. I.." She stopped herself. She had Y/N, but telling him about Y/N would make things worse for him. Zheyang was much more well built than Y/N was.

But Y/N wasn't an asshole. She pushed with all her strength and managed to shut the door, quickly locking it before Zheyang could do anything. He stopped fighting and smiled. "I'll come back for you, you know. I won't give up. I lost you once, I'm not losing you again." He said before leaving the premise.

Tzuyu slumped down against the door and brought her legs up to her chest and cried. Zheyang was here now, and she could feel all the hurt coming back to her. The pain of loving. The pain of leaving. She wondered if Y/N would ever do things like that to her. She didn't want to think that, but all men were practically the same.

Eventually she heard the car pull up in the garage, soon followed by footsteps. She quickly wiped her tears and made it seem like she wasn't crying.

"Princess?" He called out before noticing her on the couch, watching television. "There was this note for you on the garage door. The word Zheyang with what I assume is a phone number and your name with a heart."

She flinched hearing his name from Y/N's mouth. "Throw it away. He's.. an old friend." Her lips quivered.

"O..kay? Are you alright? You seem.. off." He tossed the paper in the fireplace and sat next to her, bringing her close to him. She hugged him, wanting to feel his comfort.

"You won't leave me like he did.. right?" Tzuyu murmured, not even sure what she was saying anymore but Y/N understood it all completely by then. Zheyang was the guy the others warned him about.

He hugged her back dearly. "Of course not. Not after everything we've been through together." He was reassured that he wouldn't lose Tzuyu to him now.

If only he knew exactly how wrong he was on that. It wasn't until a few days later that their relationship would hit a hard curve, one that would eventually end it for good.

Y/N had just reached home from getting groceries from the store, when he noticed that the front door was slightly open. He was weary, and set the groceries down before peeking in the door. The scene he saw absolutely crushed his heart, and he had been through more than one persom should have.

It was some guy, and Tzuyu passionately kissing on their couch. Y/N turned away, not wanting to see what was happening. He closed his eyes and held on to the last string of hope that maybe Tzuyu wasn't thinking straight. Again, it was painfully ripped from him when she pulled away and he could see the way she gazed into his eyes. It was the same as when Tzuyu did oh so long ago. He turned away and grabbed the groceries.

He sneaked into the house from the back door and started to pack the food in the cabinets, but accidentally made a lot of noise in the process. He saw two heads peering in and he smiled.

"Sorry! I just returned home. I didn't want to interrupt you two at all. I'll be with the others. Kotori called. Some kind of... Stuff." Y/N said through a false smile.

Tzuyu was speechless. "You saw everything?" Well, maybe not that speechless. Her heart sank.

Y/N nodded, his smile not faltering. "I suppose it was my bad for not knocking. I'm a mere butler after all. If you'll excuse me, I have stuff to mend. Do tell if something is wrong. I'll be back straight away. I'll you two to whatever you were doing. Madame. Master." He bowed before leaving as fast as he could, trying his hardest to restrain his tears.

"Y/N, wait!" Tzuyu tried calling out, but he was already gone. And Zheyang had his lips on hers once more. Tzuyu had many things on her mind at that moment, and she melted into the kiss with the man she loved more than many things.

Including her father. Including.. Y/N.