Belonging • Chapter 16

"Happy Birthday, Tzuyu."

Those words made everyone in the house freeze. They had forgotten about her birthday, after everything that has happened. Even Y/N. Well, until about fifteen minutes before.

"You remembered. I thought no one would remember. I've done such horrible things. Especially to you, Y/N. You have given me forever within the numbered days, and I've spat in your efforts. I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry." Tzuyu looked up at him, tears still streaming down her eyes. She couldn't stop crying.

Y/N held her tightly, not wanting to let her go at all. "Cyril." He spoke, turning his head to look at him. "Could you do us a favour? It's her birthday, and I've only gotten her a gift. Could you get her a cake? I didn't quite have the time."

Cyril nodded. "Gladly. Any preferences?"

He hummed. "The flavour can vary, but the cake needs to be able to feed all of us here. So something huge. Multi layered."

"Gotcha. I'll be back in a bit." He waved before leaving the house, as he closed the door behind. "Tension was getting to me. I'm quite glad I'm outside." He said to no one in particular as he walked to find something.

"Where is he going?" Kotori asked.

"A cake." Y/N replied in Japanese.

"And he knows where he's going?" She rose an eyebrow.

"He seemed confident enough. I'm sure he'll figure it out." He grinned.

Everyone who didn't understand Japanese was confused on what was going on, and none of them understood English that well either which only added to the confusion.

"Mom, dad." Kotori started in Japanese, not wanting to let Tzuyu understand the plan that was currently in progress. "Tzuyu's birthday. Could you both do stuff for a party? None of us actually planned anything."

Sana and Momo translated for the others in a whisper, and they all started to plan something for their ninth member as well. Mina was still sleepy and yawned until a smack from Jihyo jolted her.

Tzuyu was more than confused on what was going on around her. "Where did you send Cyril? Why are they talking in Japanese? Why are YOU talking in Japanese?" She wiped her tears by rubbing her face on his shirt.

"It's your birthday, Tzuyu. Perhaps using your brain." Y/N teased.

The other girls giggled at his remark before grabbing her and dragging her away from him. "We're taking you shopping!" Dahyun exclaimed excitedly, not actually having time to shop for whatever they wanted in Japan before. "And we're dragging Kotori with us."

Kotori blinked. "Eh?!"

Jeongyeon managed to grab her before she could run off, and all ten of them left the house presumably towards the nearest shopping mall. Y/N stood in silence, well more in shock. He did not know what just happened, but he was okay with it.

"I was just about done making breakfast." His mom commented. "Now they've all gone."

"It's alright. We've still got a party to plan for later. How much are you cooking, so that I know what kind of food to order?" Y/N asked, whipping his phone out from his pocket.

"Let's see. I can make-"

"Actually, mom, I don't think we're the only ones that will be here. It'll be too much food for so little time. I'm going to order it." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Kotori texted me. We have about five hours until they return with Tzuyu." Y/N grabbed his laptop from Kotori's bag and quickly got to work. "3 hours from Taipei to Tokyo. That'll leave us two hours for them to settle in."