Stray Tear • Chapter 12

"Why did you do it, Tzuyu? What did Y/N ever do to you?" Sana asked said girl. She tried her hardest to remain calm after everything.

Tzuyu looked down at her feet. "Y/N just..." She let tears drop to her shoes, but Sana did not believe her facade at all. But she kept silent. She wanted to know why she threw Y/N to the side for her ex boyfriend who shattered her heart out of nowhere and left her.

Jihyo and Nayeon hugged the crying Tzuyu, patting her back reassuringly. Only a few came to talk to her, the others were watching over Y/N which were Mina and Dahyun. "It's okay, Tzuyu. Take your time. We're all here together. We just want to understand."

Tzuyu wiped her tears. "Is.. he doing alright? Y/N didn't look like his normal self. It is all my fault. I should've ended it when I found out Zheyang was coming back, but I hoped and lied to myself that I had gotten over him. Zheyang said all those mean words back then so that I could go forward in Sixteen without someone holding her back. I can't forget him.. I love him too much."

Sana could not believe her ears. That was her explanation? She took a couple of deep breaths. "Y/N is... Coping. Mina and Dahyun are with him right now." Jeongyeon explained. "We just don't want what happened between you two to affect more people. You made Y/N's little sister angry, and he is still your butler."

Tzuyu sniffled and nodded. "I don't know how to feel about myself anymore. I still really like Y/N.. but I love Zheyang. He's so nice now. He changed, and not the person you girls used to know."

"We understand. We just.. want you to settle things with Y/N. Make sure he understands where you're coming from, and make sure you don't shatter his heart again." Sana said, softly. "Talk to Y/N. Clear up his doubts and his mind. He deserves at least that."

She finally stopped crying and started to get her thoughts together. "I'll.. talk to him. Please tell him that. I want to talk to him."

°•°

Y/N placed his hands in his coat pockets, staring at his former girlfriend for an explanation. He was already told of her reasons, but he wanted to hear what she had to say. She was looking everywhere but him, and doing anything but speaking to him. He was starting to conclude that this all was a waste of time. Had he gotten over her? Perhaps. Had he gotten over what she had done to him. Never.

"As much as I love standing here for ten minutes, I have a flight to catch." He said with a sigh.

This caught Tzuyu off guard. "A flight? Where are you going?"

"I've talked with your father. About everything. About us. I'm stepping down as your.. well, your butler. I'm sorry. I don't think I can handle serving your household while you're loving another man." He explained with a bittersweet smile. "Kotori and I are heading to Japan for a bit. I figured home would be cool and we'd get to meet our parents once more. Good news is you'll get another butler. Or a maid.

His words hit Tzuyu more than it should, and she clenched her fists. Tears threatened to form which made her wonder if she made the correct choice. Zheyang over Y/N. "I'm sorry.."

Y/N looked over at her and stared. She finally looked into his eyes. "I'm.. sorry." She repeated. "I treated you like you were Zheyang. I didn't have my feelings in check. I thought I moved on from him. I thought I hated him, but now that he's back I just.." She was cracking up.

"Save it. I understand. I don't hate you, Tzuyu. I just hate what you did, and I wish you just told me. I would've seen where you're coming from. He's your first boyfriend, and the breakup was him thinking about your future. I don't blame him. He sounds like a good guy." He finally said. "I just need some time away from you. I still love you, idiot. I just can't anymore." He turned around, not wanting to look at her. He couldn't bare to. "Thank you, however. You made me realize there's more to living. Thank you for loving me. I just got to go my own way. I'll see you around, Chou Tzuyu."

And he kept walking with his hands in his pockets, not turning around for her cries. He let a stray tear fall from his eyes.

I've always loved you, Tzuyu. You just didn't feel the same. You didn't love me, you loved who you thought I was...

..and that person wasn't me.