Chapter 1, Book 1--Amy(Part 1)

"Amy come on!" I heard Uncle Jamie yell from downstairs.

"No!" I replied, I am Amy Reagan, currently I am enrolled into the New York Police Academy or the NYPA.

"Amy now, dads waiting" he replied.

I rolled over on my bed and I looked up at the sky "hey Joe, today's gonna be a good day I just know it."

Down at the academy I was ready to go, I had my hands respectfully behind my back as I stood with my feet a shoulder-width apart and ready to go and encounter everything and anything that came my way, that's right, I was a rookie, under the supervision of my Uncle Jamie. I heard a familiar voice as Jamie yelled for everyone to stand at attention. Soon Frank walked in.

"At ease officers" he said and I stood normally when he said that "now, we have a successful graduate here and not picking favorites but my granddaughter and top of her class Amy Reagan."

He walked up to me and I stayed looking forward as respect.

"Hello commissioner" I said to him. He just chuckled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Congratulations Amy" he whispered, that brought a smile upon my face as he held out his hand and I shook it "so, as a act of good job there's someone here to see you, officer Reagan" he said and looked at Jamie.

Jamie nodded and opened the door, there was my best friend and partner Addison and a new horse for me.

"Grandpa you didn't" I said with excitement. He nodded.

"Your welcome, your very own horse, what are you going to name him?" He asked a bit curious about the name.

"Well, I'm going to name him Alcatraz" I replied.

"Interesting name, I like it Amy good choice" he replied

"Thank you sir" I said and saluted him and got a salute back. I took in a deep breath in and out.

"Officer Reagan, teach them the basics of fighting, I need to talk to Amy alone" Frank said.

"Alright students pair up" Jamie said and the students paired up.

Frank took me aside outside the room and started talking with me.

"But grandpa, I've worked so hard to get here" I said.

"I know you have, but your dad doesn't want you to get hurt" he said.

"No, I'm not quitting, I can't I have to carry on the Reagan legacy of officers, I've come too far to quite now grandpa" I responded.

"Its not up to me to decide that Amy, if your father says, I have to go with it" he responded.

Way to play it cool Amy, wait, that's not on me, that's on my dad for wanting me to quite. I live with my brothers now at my dads place to take care of them.

After training I went home to an empty house. I set the keys down and I sat down at the table and put my head down on it. My dad had passed away, he was killed in the line of duty, my grandpa Henry had just passed away of old age, at least I still had my grandpa Frank, Erin and Jamie as part of the family. I got up after getting a text from my brother Jack wanting me to get him and Sean from school, like hell, Jack is 16, he should be able to drive by now. I texted him back and I drove over to the high school and picked them up.

"Hey Amy" Jack and Sean said at the same time then "jinks!" Jack said and he laughed and I chuckled.

"Have a good day boys?" I asked. They shook their heads, dad had only passed away a few days ago and they were still mourning.

"I know its hard boys, it'll be okay, because you have me" I responded and they nodded in understanding.

"Can we go visit him, Henry and Uncle Joe?" Sean asked.

"Is that what you want to do?" I asked and looked back at the two boys.

"Not really, shut up Sean" Jack said in a rude manner towards his brother.

"Jack be nice, I want to go see them too, I still haven't gotten over their deaths yet either boys" I replied, they nodded and we went off to the cemetery to visit Danny, Henry and Joe.

Next day I dropped them off at school and met up with Jamie and Eddie after going to 1PP and talking with grandpa, I told Frank the situation. I went into Jamie's office, because he was the instructor so he got his own office which looked nice.

"Jamie?" I asked walking in and seeing the pictures around on the wall and the family picture on his desk. I smiled as I walked in.

"Amy hey" he said when he looked up from doing paperwork.

"Is this a bad time?" I asked.

"No, your just fine" he responded and motioned for me to sit down.

"Okay, good, I thought it was a bad time for me to be here" I responded.

"Your here early, what's up?" He asked.

"Just thinking, is it okay if I take today off Jamie?" I asked.

"Why?" He asked. He looked at me a bit concerned.

"I just miss dad and Henry, and Joe" I said. He sighed and looked back up at me after looking down for a second.

"I do too, but its best to not think about it and move on" he responded.

"I know Uncle Jamie" I replied. "I took the boys to the cemetery yesterday to see them. They weren't happy."

"I get that their still mourning Amy, but its not normal for you to ask for a day off" he responded and I nodded.

"If it was grandpa he'd let me do it" I said to myself so Jamie couldn't hardly hear what I said.

"What was that?" Jamie asked.

"Nothing" I replied.

"Amy" he said to me.