Chapter 6, Book 1--Amy(Part 4)

I stood there, looking out the window and I sighed as I looked up to the sky. Then I heard a voice, I turned to see my younger brother Jack and my other younger brother Sean standing behind me by the table as I smiled.

I got in my car, dropped them off at school then I headed to work. I couldn't take my mind off of my dad for some reason, I didn't get a good nights sleep, so I got a huge coffee to try and keep me awake.

When I got there I sat down at my desk and started going through what files my aunt had sent over for me to review and look over when she was away doing patrols.

"Hey Partner, you look tired today" Addison said as I rubbed my face to try to keep myself awake

"Just didn't get a good nights sleep, couldn't stop thinking about my dad for some reason" I responded to her

"Thinking about your dad? Uh oh, looks like someone is a grump" she said and I looked at her and chuckled

She was right about one thing, I was tired as hell, I couldn't sleep, how could I when I knew something was wrong. I sighed and looked around as I got up and grabbed a water bottle. I looked around as I went outside for some fresh air. Then it hit me, what if I was going into an anxiety attack, no, that's crazy experience.

I stopped, I could feel myself sinking down against the desk before I could reach my chair. I looked around as everything went black.

I was sent to the hospital to have some tests done, an IV was put in my arm and my heart rate was normal and so was my blood pressure, so why did that happen I wonder.

Meanwhile

Frank Reagan, commissioner of a whole Police force, the NYPD commissioner sat at his desk sipping coffee while listening to his secretary read off his list for the day. He was unaware of what had happened at the 5-4 until he got a call from Officer Matthews, his granddaughters partner and one of his best officers.

"Addison, what's wrong?" He asked as he picked up the phone

"Sorry to bother you commissioner" she replied "but your granddaughter is in the hospital, I suggest you come now sir and I'll explain everything"

Frank knew what that meant, he got up and headed out to his car and he got out once he got to St. Victors hospital and 2 uniforms were outside his granddaughters room, both Officer Jones and Officer Reagan. He smiled as his own daughter saluted him as a sign of respect.

"Commissioner, over here" he heard a voice call out, it was Addison's voice.

He walked over to see me still asleep on the hospital bed. He sat down next to my bed on the other side and put his hand on mine and sighed.

Soon after he noticed that I was starting to wake, he didn't make any movement as he wanted to see what I would do once I saw him. I quickly faced to look at him and I saluted him

"Commissioner Reagan" I said and he smiled

"Its alright, I'm here, you just need to focus on resting" he responded

"What happened?" I asked then I looked at my partner Addison

"You had a anxiety attack, and that mixed with no sleep can't be good for you" she responded

"Where's dad?" I asked. I had forgotten that he had died

"You don't remember what happened to your father?" Frank asked me.

My memory came back, I remembered him getting shot and killed. I remembered putting my hand on his casket on the way to the cemetery. I was the squad car carrying his casket, my squad lights on and my headlights on. I sighed and looked back up at the road after running my hand on top of the casket. When we had to put him in the ground we put him by where Joe was. I saluted the casket and I was given my fathers American Flag from when he was an Officer and his detective pin and I saluted it again as it went into the ground.

When I came back to reality I laid back in the bed and sighed. Tears formed in my eyes as I held onto my grandpa after having the memory come back.

"Your okay, its okay" Frank said to me as he held me in the hug.

"Grandpa, I had a dream that dad was killed" I said, still forgetting

"He's gone Ames, he's gone, he's not coming back" he replied

"Oh yeah that's right" I responded as I looked up at him.