Chapter 5, Book 2--Amy(Hospital then to LA)

Previously...

Mason started barking like crazy, grandpa touched my leg and I screamed out in pain. He picked me up and took me out to his car and took me to the hospital

Now...

They did surgery, my leg was broken. I didn't know how it happened, but my leg broke somehow, I was in major pain and I was not liking it very much. They put me on anthestetics(sedation) that lasted for a couple of hours.

Once I started waking up I noticed that my family wasn't there, just me...and Joe...and dad. I saw a familiar face, it was my Uncle Jamie. I tried to figure out a way to tell him that I was okay

"Uncle Jamie" I said

"I'm here Ames" Jamie responded.

"Where am I?" I asked

"Your in the hospital" he responded

"How and why?" I asked. I had Joe's police jacket on

"Your leg is broken and you needed surgery Ames" Jamie responded

"How are you Ames" Frank said walking in

"Hi grandpa" I said as I sat up

"How are you?" He asked

"I'm better" I responded "my leg hurts"

"I know, just take it easy" he said.

I smiled as Mason jumped up on my bed and laid his head on my chest. I pet him and kissed his head.

"I love you Mason" I said as I pet the golden retriever. I looked up "Hi Aunt Sophie, Hi Aunt Erin"

"Hey Ames" Erin said as she walked up and kissed my forehead "how are you?"

"Hey Amy, how are you?" Sophie asked then she turned to her father and sister "can I speak to Amy alone please dad and Erin?"

They nodded and walked out. Sophie sat down next to my bed.

"You got a location on Danny?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Hand me my phone" I said and she handed me my phone and I showed her the tracker "okay, so I put a tracker on Vik, and there they are now, in a house in LA"

LA
"Wow" I said in amazement "this place is amazing Aunt Sophie"

"Yeah, now let's follow that tracker" Sophie said

We arrived at a house. I knew it belonged to Vik. I knocked on the door and Kiara answered

"Hello Officers, what can I do for you?" Kiara asks

"We have a warrant for your fathers arrest and to search the premises" I said as I showed my badge.

Kiara reluctantly let us in as she knew what was going to happen. I saw a door open a bit. Then I saw him, Vik, and my dad. I snuck in and started untying Danny. Another guy came up and put a gun to my side and pulled the trigger. I screamed out in pain as I fell to the ground. My dad ran to me and held me.

"Sophie! Addison! In here!" Danny called out as he took out my gun and shot and killed both Vik and the other guy that was with him. "Amy, stay with me baby girl, don't do this"

"Amy!" I heard Addison yell then I went unconscious from the loss of blood "Sophie, call a bus!"

"We got a 10-33, shots fired, we need a bus at this location forthwith, we got an Officer down" Sophie said over her radio to dispatch.

"10-4 officer Reagan, just calm down for me, help is on the way" dispatch responded.

Sophie looked at her brother with worry in her eyes. She ran over and held me close to her putting pressure on the wound.

At the hospital
Danny walked up to the floor I was on with Mason, Addison and Sophie behind him

"Hi, Amy Reagan please" he said to the front desk person

"Relationship to Ms. Reagan?" She asked them

"I'm her father, this is her aunt and her partner" Danny replied

"Room 516" she said

They went up to that room and looked at me as I was still asleep in the bed.

I had a major headache when I came to. My side was bandaged up and it hurt like crazy. I saw my family by my bed. I reached for my dads hand to grab it and he looked up.

"Amy" Danny said in relief as he looked at me and hugged me

"Daddy, I want to go home" I responded and Danny nodded.

Back home in New York
I was glad to be home, everything about being home was great. But my little sister had passed away and I was missing her so much, I don't know what I would do without her.

I woke up in my old room at my grandparents house. I pet Mason as he slowly lifted up his head from being asleep. I just smiled at him and got up and kissed his head and walked towards my door with a limp to my step. Mason just watched me. I stumbled and Mason jumped off the bed and helped me. I went downstairs and sat down in grandpa's chair, seeing as he was already at work. But I saw Danny

"Daddy?" I said quietly

"Amy, your awake" he said as he brought a plate of food to me "sleep good?"

"Is grandpa already at work?" I ask. Danny nodded and I took the plate from him and started eating it. I loved my dad.

"How do you feel?" He asked sitting down on the couch

"I feel fine, I don't need you here with me dad" I responded

"Now, dad gave me orders to stay here and make sure YOU stay here and rest and heal" he responded.

I got up with Mason and I took him on a walk and I walked around the block then I started going to different places around the city that were close to my grandparents house maybe things would be better without me even here, then bad things won't happen I kept thinking in my head as I walked with Mason.