15. time jump

"You can't take her!"

I was groggy and waking up from a nap. "Momma?" I muttered out. A yawn took over me and i grabbed my white rabbit before walking out of my bedroom.

"She isn't your daughter." A deep male voice resonated in the house and i stopped walking.

"Scary." I whispered. I tip toed forward and stood at the base of the staircase.

"She isn't yours. She needs to stay in the kingdom, somewhere safe. She's almost of age and they'll be coming soon."  The male voice tried to reason.

"But I've raised her! How do you think she'd feel if she was suddenly pulled out of her life."
"She can manage."
"She's 10! She won't manage."

I shuffled backwards and the floorboard creaked. Their eyes shot towards me.
"Della! What're you doing awake sweetheart?"  Momma swiftly came to me and scooped me up.

"I heard yelling and i couldn't go back to sleeps." I muttered while hooking onto her neck. She patted my head. "It's alright baby."

I tilted my head upwards to glance at the man. His eyes were a deep blue color and his skin was a dark almond shade.

"You're pretty." I blurted out to the man while pointing a small finger. He chuckled. "You're very beautiful  yourself, little princess."

He broke his gaze from mine and looked at my Momma. "We'll talk later, but she will come with me."

"Mom! I'm going to be late!" I shouted while halfway out the door. It was my first day of my junior year and she was being way too sluggish.

"I'm coming hun! Just get to the car!" I heard the beep of the Jeep and i slid into the passenger seat.

When i arrived at school it was a bit early, but i liked it that way. I walked over to the cafeteria area and got some breakfast before sitting in my usual spot. Secluded and away from others. I didn't make friends easily.

Class by class passed by and before i knew it, the day was over. "That went quicker than i thought it would." I muttered to myself. I texted my mom telling her that I'd be at the pizza place getting some lunch and to pick me up later.

I ordered a vegetable pizza and a cherry coke. I slid into the booth and fiddled with my phone until the server came.

As i was reaching out to grab a slice, electricity jolted through my body. I hissed in pain and shook my hand. My fingertips were on fire. "What the fuck?" I whispered to myself.

"Are you alright?" A rumbling voice asked. I looked up and saw those same blue eyes.
"It's you." He smiled and sat down across from me.

"We have some things to talk about."
-
I was at the castle i remembered as a child. Momma took me here once, i had only seen it that one time. It's grand stature stood proud.
"Do you like it?" The tall man asked softly. I nodded.

"It'll be yours one day, princess."

——

"Go! And don't turn back! I'll be fine Della! Well meet soon! Follow the blue star!" Nesser shouted to me after pushing away a dark hound. I was crying.

"I can't leave you!"
"You can and you will! Now go!" He roared before slaying two more beasts.

"He'll find me later." I told myself. I took one last glance at the now crumbling castle and sprinted to the tree line. The blue light suddenly appearing before me and guiding the way. 

"Don't die Della." I muttered to myself.

—-

"Delilah." I awoke with a jolt. My eyes flew open and met with beautiful blue orbs. I had a moment of disorientation and slid back into the bed. He looks like Nessie.

"i have informed them of your request, but you need food first, follow me." His deep voice resonated in the square room. I nodded and sat up on the edge of the bed.

"Ah- can you turn on a light? I can't see very well." I heard a grunt and the chandelier in the center of the room was lit. I looked down at the shoes at the edge of the bed and slipped them on.

The man before me was breathtaking. Just as i saw him the other day. He stared at me for a moment before turning to the door.

"Come."