Chapter 23

You sat in your room on the bed, going over the entire thing in your head. You tried to remember at what part of the book it told you that you would be knocked out and wake up in the mission. Seriously, you would think there would be some TERMS AND CONDITIONS somewhere... Then, you remembered that one big section of text that was at the end of Chapter 2. That was probably part that warned you about what might happen...but you skipped over it because it was titled "TERMS AND CONDITIONS".

There was a soft knock on the door. "Who is it?"

"Your favorite mechanic!" flirted Leo through the door.

You rolled your eyes and allowed him to come in. He came in with a large bowl of Mac & Cheese. "I didn't know when the last time you ate was, so I fixed up a whole box of Mac & Cheese for you," he said as he handed you the bowl.

The heat immediately threatened your hands and you set it down on the nightstand, nearly spilling it.

"Oh, sorry. I don't really feel heat because...oh, never mind," Leo stopped himself. You were really tired of the weird secret the entire ship seemed to be hiding from you. But, you liked them more because, unlike Leader and Hunter, you have a face to put to the name. For all you knew, Leader could be a particularly intelligent otter.

"It's fine, it wasn't that hot," you lied. "It was just the initial shock of the fact it was kinda hot that startled me." You sat on the bed and set the bowl in front of you and began to fork the pasta into your mouth.

You expected Leo to leave when you began to eat, but he didn't. He stood there, staring at you as if trying to find some clue of where you came from just by looking at you.

"Is there something you would like to know?" you asked, hoping that satisfying his curiosity would end the awkward moment.

Leo smiled. "Yeah. I know that Annabeth is pretty scary to talk to, so I wanted to offer you someone to talk to."

"Cool? Who is the poor, unfortunate soul that is interested in what I have to say?" you asked.

"Well," Leo awkwardly shifted and leaned against the wall. "That soul would be mine, actually. I really am concerned about you and want to help you. Please, tell me everything you know. I'll listen. Maybe I can help."

Choice Time:

Chapter 36: You need someone to talk to. Confide in Leo.

Chapter 37: Commit to the mission and don't tell Leo.