Chapter 7

Alessa hurriedly slipped on her silver strappy stilettos and just in time. There was a knock and a shuffle. "Alessa, everyone's ready." She could hear her mother's excitement to see what Alessa was wearing since she kept it a secret. Alessa was just glad to receive the package with her things yesterday.

Alessa glanced at the mirror on her wardrobe and smiled. She looked stunning with her knee-length strapless violet-blue and deep pink sequenced dress. On her right wrist, she was wearing a simple diamond bracelet her grandmother gave to her and silver drop earring - also by her grandmother. She straightened the invisible creases on her dress, opened the door and walked downstairs.

Her mother, who was holding a camera, was busy taking photos if the two pairs; Lily and Jack, and Henry and Sarah. Her father, who knew how important this event was for his wife, had taken the afternoon off and was busy lecturing Ethan, the sensible out of three men.

"I want my daughters to be home by two o'clock and Sarah to be home at the same time as well," her father said sternly. Ethan nodded.

"Don't worry Mr Saunders. I'll make sure all three reach home by two," he said with his hands in his grey trouper's pockets. Ethan, who Alessa admitted, looked very handsome in his fitted grey tuxedo with a deep pink tie.

He was about to continue when he spotted Alessa coming down the stairs. His jaw hung in awe before he quickly shut it and supported a huge smile.

Her father turned around to see what Ethan was smiling about and blinked in amazement at what he saw.

Soon, all eyes were on Alessa, including Lily who had stopped trying to curl her hair with her fingers and stared at Alessa, with, what Alessa was sure, jealousy.

A hand grabbed her arm and placed her next to Ethan. Her mother was standing in front of her with both hands on her cheeks.

"You look stunning Alessa," she whispered tearfully, Sarah gave her thumbs up.

Alessa mouthed the same words and Sarah and she meant it. Sarah, standing next to the beaming Henry, was wearing a long sleeveless dress with pleating and simple gold heels. Her hair, which was tie in an eccentric knot, gave emphasis to her round face.

Flash!

Alessa blinked rapidly at the red spots flashing in her eyes. Her mother had started taking more photos but this time of Alessa and Ethan.

"Mum, we need to go," said Lily after a while. She took hold of Jack's black-suited arm and strutted out of the door in her short blue strapless cocktail dress. Taking one last picture of ales, their mother ushered them out until they were standing in front of a white limo.

Ethan held the door open for Alessa.

"Ladies first," he smiled. Alessa smiled in return, got in and glided across the black leather seats, opposite of Sarah who inspected the limo and mouths, "Wow!" at Alessa.

"this limo is amazing," said Alessa, turning to Ethan who was making himself comfortable.

"You sound like you've never been in a limo," he joked.

"I haven't>"

Ethan's eyebrows shot-up. "You're kidding, right?"

She shook her head and both Jack and Ethan started laughing. They stopped when they saw the unamused looks on both Alessa and Lily.

"Where did you buy the dress from Alessa?" Sarah said, breaking the awkward silence. Lily listened intently.

"Brought it from Dylan Queen," Alessa said. "It's a really reliable website for prom dresses."