Epilogue

"Dear viewers, today is one of the best day for mankind but also the worst," said the same news reporter from Alessa's birthday party. He was dressed in black as was everyone around him. "Today, we have gained a new beginning but also have lost the person who gave us this: Alessandra Saunders, the saviour of mankind. It's only right we pay tribute to her and her family's sacrifice." He smiled sadly and the camera trained behind him.

Every family in every country that had access to T.V. or radio sat with their family and friends as they watched two wooden coffins being carried on the shoulders of Alessa's friends and family. They watched, grateful from the bottom of their hearts, as the coffin of their saviour and her loved one was lowered into the ground.

Tears of pain streamed down from the faces of mothers as Alessa's mother cried into her husband's shoulder. Sisters felt sympathy for Lily's lost as they hugged their younger sisters and brothers felt proud for James for having a sister like Alessa.

Bobby held on to his new older brother as he wept the loss for his big sister. At the very back of the funeral, in the shadows, Finn linked his hand with Ethan's as they watched the scene. Slowly, friends, families and the military paid their condolences and left.

Finn observed the thinning crowd. He had not been able to spot Dmitri. Perhaps he left early or perhaps it was too painful for him to see Alessa get buried in the ground.

"Shall we go?" whispered Ethan. Finn nodded, his eyes lingering on the last five shadows left by the graves.

"Yes, I think we need to tell her everything about us. Don't you think?" replied Finn. Ethan grinned and happily kissed his boyfriend on the lips.

Yep, it's worth living for someone.