Chapter 6: Invitation

Both of them drove in silence all the way to the gala. No one knew what to say, most likely, they forgot the ability to speak. Harry turned east, and the tires screeched squeakily. The car was definitely an attractive one for sure, for being a muggle one. The interior of the car was beautifully crafted with leather seats, and the windows glazed with the pink horizon. Hermione put her arm on the arm-rest, and laid her chin in her palm. She thought blankly, with the shoots of what looked like microscopic little colors that were supposed to be a jumble of cars.

Harry, however, drove and turned the other way. Half of the time, he was obviously focusing on the road, the other half, just staring out his window, glaring up at the low sun, that was now going back into hiding. Something they both had in common, being anxious. They had been so excited yet nervous at the same exact time, being emotionless would've worked much better. After about ten minutes of silence, it was erupted by Harry's outburst. "Listen, I have a song you'd like," he said, putting his hand on the stereo. "No, Harry, let me pick a song," Hermione replied. "No Hermione, you can play one after," he argued. "No, Harry, I'm picking a song!" She shot back. They both stared at each other for a split second, until both, at the same time, reached to grab the aux cord.

"Harry-let-go-right-now!" Hermione gasped, out of breath, as her and Harry both gripped on tightly to the cord in their hands, slowly becoming wild animals to the core. "No, you do!" He demanded, still clutching the wheel, but also the cord. Finally, he gave up and thrust the cord at Hermione and she smiled satisfyingly, plugging it into her phone, yet again another piece of muggle technology that she liked to use.

       She blasted a lot of Pop music, and Harry clutched his temple, in a meaning of a dramatic outbreak. Hermione kept slapping him in the shoulder, and his also dramatic continuous "Ow!" was enough to get her on his nerve. She smoothed put her hair in the mirror, and then as the song ended, Harry snatched up the cord, unplugged it from Hermione's phone, and plugged it into his own. Hermione huffed and pinched him decently hard in the shoulder, as he laughed and played a song. Hermione, in a grumpy attitude, laid back with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyebrows raised. "And what in the world is this crap?" She asked, putting a hand in the motion of "what."

    "Ten times better than your music," he shot back, keeping his eye on the road the entire time. Hermione rolled her eyes, but still giggled. "Why're you so mean?" She asked. "Hey, you play with fire, you get burned," he answered, shaking his head. This caused Hermione to casually roll her eyes all the eye to the back of her head, and she turned to face the window. The remainder of the sun was pretty much gone, and the leftover was a small portion of evening going by slowly. It was a glossy dark blue that glistened evidently across what was close enough to the night sky.

      After another twenty-ish minutes of Hermione huffing, and Harry grooving, they finally arrived at a large building that consisted of elegant ribbon laced perfectly just around the entrance. Harry pulled into the nearest parking spot, taking the key out of the ignition, and opening the door to Hermione, acting like a gentleman which clearly made Hermione forget her music-grudge. They locked arms, and stepped up a stair on the pavement, Hermione, holding up her dress with one hand to avoid tripping over a step in high heels and the flow of the dress. I large doors were wrapped in black coils that you would usually find on a stairwell, but instead were the handlebars and decoration for the front of the door.

    There was someone waiting by the door, most likely checking the names to see those invited and make sure no one unexpectedly arrived. He had a clipboard in his hand, and was scanning the list of a male and female in front of them, also locking arms. With the allowance from the list, he opened the door for them, and they stepped inside, and the door shut again. When they stepped up to the man, he said "Name?" in a booming voice that would scare a lot of people. "Harry Potter and Hermione Granger," Harry said confidently. The man yet again surveyed the list for their names, hesitated, and then faced them. "There's a Hermione Granger and a Ronald Weasley," he replied. Hermione gulped at the sound of Ron's name, but quickly straightened back up. "Change of plans, Ronald will be attending with Clarity Sisitin," Harry answered. The man raised in eyebrow, but grabbed a pen and crossed out Ron and replaced it with Harry, adding two new names at the bottom of the list reading "Ronald Weasley and Clarity Sisitin."

    He nodded, gripping the handle and yanking it open, revealing a magnificent sight. There were elegant white tables draped in purple velvet, large round tables and two comfy looking chairs with gemstones in front of each other, the decoration being bright purple draping all across the building, and a large stage directly in the front of the long room, as well as a ginormous dance floor and DJ booth located to the right of it. There were loud speakers up in the air, and floating candles that looked ridiculously like a carbon copy of Hogwarts.

There weren't that many people, as they were quite early to the gala, and didn't expect a crowd of witches and wizards fighting to get into a private party. There were some people who vanished and then Disapparated to the food bar, but other than that, there was no insane magic. Well, let alone the server bewitching glasses of drinks so they would refill automatically, and the candles.

      Besides all that, it seemed really muggle-y. There were quite a few couples barging in now, all females dressed and long dresses, and males dressed in dress robes or suits.

      Just then, the door swung open in a dramatic way, and stepping right in, was a girl with her hair braided into a crown, and a long grey dress with lace and fabric swirling all around the beauty. Her lip gloss was evident from all the way from the corner, if our were to stand there and look. The man, wore a white suit, and had loads of red hair.

         Everybody gasped. It was Ron and Clarity.

        HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR THE SUPER SHORT CHAPTER, I KNOW I HAVEN'T PUBLISHED IN A WHILE SO HERE YOU GO! ANOTHER REASON IT IS SHORT IS BECAUSE I LIKE LEAVING YOU IN SUSPENSE! YOU ARE WELCOME!

               Xoxo, Kaydence.