Chapter One

I have always asked myself, "am I really that ugly?.." No guy has ever shown interest in me, no matter how much I try to show my affection and attention towards him. Every guy I've tried to talk to always ends to lead me on, making me look like a fool. I have hoped and prayed that someone would walk into my life and actually want to stay.

Everyday I walk down the halls of the wretched place we call high school. Where you can't walk a single step without seeing couples make-out at every corner. You can feel the nasty love in the air, the kind of love you think you will never have. I used to be on the cheer team, but it never really interested me that much, so I quit and joined the soccer team.

I have played soccer for awhile, but I had quit one year and I don't know why. I have always wanted relationship goals with a guy who would want them too.  A protective boyfriend who would never let any harm come to me. I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm not that popular, which I don't really care about.

There was this guy I used to be close with, but he moved away. We were neighbors ever since we were born. Our mom's were best friends in high school. We dated to see what it would be like, but we didn't like it, so we decided to just be friends. I miss him a lot.

The year of my 9th grade year, I was depressed. My life wasn't the same after my family was torn apart. My dad used to get drunk a lot, and when he did, he got aggressive. My mom had so many bruises on her, I couldn't bare to see her hurt. One night when I came home, I heard dad and mom yelling over something that dad had done, I heard a huge thump, dad had thrown mom against the wall. I tried to help my mom, but my dad got a hold of me and started to choke me. I couldn't breathe. 

He stopped for a while, I felt his hands touch my skin. They started going lower and lower.I felt my shorts falling off of me, then my panties. I couldn't quite make out what he was doing because I was half unconscious. Then I figured out what happened, he raped me. 

No one knows what happened that night except me and my mom. I was scared to talk to anyone about it because I didn't want to be judged and get made fun of. People lie and joke about things like that these days and it's sick. 

Days went by and it was finally time for me to do something about my dad. I called the police and told them what had happened that night and everything my dad did. The police showed up at my house and took my dad away. I have been terrified of him ever since I was little and now, I'm not scared anymore.