CHAPTER 27: Snitches Get Stitches

The bell rang and I exited Biology, waiting outside the room for Xander and Simon, because we shared the same class for the three sciences. When they caught up, we strolled to our lunch table, chatting and laughing.

Sitting in our usual places, we waited for Grace and Corina.

We waited for twenty minutes.

"Where are they?" I fumed, thinking they'd ditched me. Xander raised an eyebrow.

"Aww. Little Karissy can't make it through lunch without her only friends, little Gracey and little Coriny —" Xander broke off as I slapped his arm.

"Shut up before I cut you," I threatened, holding my plastic knife up.

"I'm scared," Xander deadpanned, making me laugh, which in turn made him smirk.

"Why am I third-wheeling?" Simon muttered to himself. I burst out laughing but I then registered his words and blushed slightly. Xander, noticing this, smirked again; but this time he looked away, looking strangely pleased. I raised an eyebrow but before I could embarrass him, my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

Wary, I took it out; the screen read 'Corina'.

Answering it hastily, I said "Hello?" but before Corina could talk, Simon started yelling, "NO PHONES ALLOWED IN SCHOOL! PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY KARISS —"

His voice became muffled as I shoved my hand over his mouth. A few people were looking over and chuckling at the scene, and Xander snickered as Simon licked my hand to try get it off.

"Quit it!" I hissed. "Snitches get stitches, you sack of tit!"

Simon started laughing and removed my hand from his mouth with his own. "Revenge for making me third wheel," he waggled his eyebrows at me sternly and I rolled my eyes, smiling. Answering the phone again, I said, "Sorry. Simon was being a dick. Why did you call? Where are you?"

All Corina said before she hung up was, "Science toilets. Come here. Now."

I left my lunch where I was, ignored Xander and Simon's incessant questions, and hastened to the Science block.

A/N

Just keep reading. And vote too :)

—deainlustris