Chapter 6

Willow's POV

The truth was I was scared of more of her coming after me and I wanted to go home. To the empty shell I once called home.

Hunter scares me sometimes, especially now as he uses those voices

''Hunter I just want a normal life!'' I protested as I marched to the room to see Hunter, still naked, tearing the room apart

''What about us will be normal Willow?'' him and his voices spat ''you have fucking horns on your head, wings on your back and you control the fucking weather'' he walked closer to me and leaned down and whispered into my ear ''only here are you anywhere near normal doll face and only down here are you safe''

I was sickened to my core, surely he doesn't think... and my thoughts were interrupted by Hunters phone ringing. He brushed passed me and answered it, I knew it was the council.

''I have to go Willow'' he said walking back in and getting dressed ''don't you dare sneak away while I am gone or else the catches will get you and to the black market you will go''

It sent shivers down my spine, was he or they trying to be concerned or kind of threatening.

''Okay Hunter'' I whispered ''I will stay until you get back''

He kissed my cheek and my lips cracked a faint smile, maybe changing the house would suit the situation better than anything else. I was home sick to be honest, I wanted my parents... It is my birthday today, Hunter doesn't even know.

I watched him walk out of the house and then he was gone, just like that.

''Oh...'' I sighed ''this whole mate thing is hard''

I walked through the back garden with my wings trailing behind me, I ran my hands along my horns and then I fell to the floor, clutching my mark

''Hunter...'' I whimpered

Hunter's POV

''get up demon'' the one man hissed at me

I staggered to my hands and knees only to be kicked again and again and again in the ribs, stomach and a few times I got punched in the face, some demon I am

''Where is she?'' he roared at me ''where is the Phoenix?''

''Go fuck yourself'' I replied as I spat blood out of my mouth ''she is mine and mine alone''

Don't come here Willow, I spoke to her in our link, don't baby it is a trap to capture you

Hunter she replied and I can hear she has been crying your hurt, let me come

No! I protested stay hidden and safe, I promise baby when I am done kicking these guys asses we are leaving this place

I finally closed my eyes and breathed

Voices, you may take over my whole being once more but don't think it will happen again, I can only promise partial control

Yes they replied we shall oblige master

And I opened my eyes, blackened eyes met the guys and I watched light black smoke slowly seep out of my pores like a very fine drizzle

''you are in for a huge surprise'' they spoke

''who...who are you?'' the one man spoke

They laughed at him ''we are the ones that dwell within, we are many and we are one''

''Man you playing!'' the other guy commented ''look he's just a mere demon''

''Mere demon...'' they mocked and laughed as I felt my body speed towards the man and watch my hand go straight through his chest and I felt his beating heart and then cool air as they ripped it out ''my my, your heart is as black as mine, I would be honored when you watch me consume it''

I watched as the voices brought the heart up and I could taste the vile blood running down my throat then they turned to the other man who was kneeling on the floor

''please don't...don't hurt me'' he begged ''I'm sorry and I will tell the men that it was just a rumor and nothing else''

I saw as they looked towards his crotch to witness this huge muscled man urinate all over himself

''Now here is the thing'' they spoke ''you shouldn't have corned us in the first place and nor should you have asked about our mate'' they spat and I felt the jaw on this man break as my foot connected his face, they rested my foot upon his face and start gently applying pressure ''you think you are bad men? You make me sick'' they spoke with venom ''I would have taken you up on that offer but you crossed the fucking line when you mentioned her''

''I'm sorry'' the man cried

''Why is it that you people always apologies after you piss me off, why not not piss me off?'' he questioned ''now, hold still''

And crack, the man's head broke under my shoe.