Chapter 9

Hunters POV

I sat dumbfounded at the things I have found out, no children in the future and my Willow was a prisoner. I checked the clock again 5:30am.

I rubbed my eyes and rested my head on my hands, I need to get this rolling. So I left my office and walked to the kitchen, poured my coffee into my cup and sat down at the island table in the kitchen. All these thoughts were swimming in my mind and I didn't even notice Willow.

She wrapped her arms around my waist ''good morning handsome'' she spoke ''you're up early''

''yea'' I replied

She went to into the kitchen and I studied her, her fragile frame had changed and become stronger, her wings looked healthier and they were always perky, her red hair had started to curl at the bottom and her horns were longer, significantly longer. She was becoming Willow, my Willow.

''why are you staring at me like that?'' she questioned as my eyes finally met her beautiful blue eyes but there was something different, there was a ring of orange around the outer edges of her eyes

''I haven't taken the time to really notice how you have grown'' I admitted ''come here''

I turned on the chair and she stood between my legs, we rested our foreheads together

''I love you Willow'' I spoke softly ''so what I am about to do with regards to the council will require you to go back to your old home''

She stood back, shock overcame her and her eyes widened but not with happiness

Willow POV

What did he just say? I am going back? I am frightened and I am not happy

''Why?'' I enquired

''I have found a way to infiltrate the black market, draw out the leader and bring it to an end'' he shifted in his seat ''but I need something from you, your consent''

I started to get uncomfortable, really uncomfortable, I searched for some kind of playfulness in his eyes, maybe this was a joke but no, he was dead serious

''Consent for what?'' I questioned

''To use you as bait'' he said as he looked away ''you are the only one who can draw out the leader''

''Excuse me?'' I asked ''how could I possibly do such a thing?''

''Uncle Shen'' he said as he looked straight into my eyes

With those two words my world started to crack

''Your parents were in alliance with the black market and you were a prisoner'' he started ''my mother watched over and tried to protect you'' he looked away as tears started to pool ''she died trying to save you''

''you're a demon'' I punched ''stop crying'' I sighed ''if it means that much to you then fine but if I get hurt in any way so you can gain this, I will leave you'' I threatened

He smiled and held me

''you didn't need much convincing'' he chuckled

''if I were in your shoes, I'd expect the same'' I said dryly ''so are you leaving to the go to the council?''

''Not yet baby'' he smiled as he smelt up my shoulder and neck ''I need to spend some time with you''

''I need to shower'' I mentioned ''don't leave while I am gone''

I entered the bathroom and turned the shower on as the water hit my skin I began to cry. I cried for my life, my safety, my relationship, my soul. If something were to happen to him, I would die.