Chapter 12

Hunter POV

My cheek still stung as I woke up, I stretched out and found that Willows place on the bed is cold, far too cold. Did she ever come back to bed?

I was irritated that she didn't accept ALL of me but then again I knew the evil feeling the mark gave her made her unwell and feel overwhelmed. So I can imagine, I felt my mark and there too it was cold, cold as death.

I lay completely still and hardly breathed, how could this be that my mark is icy cold when it should feel a little warmer than my own body heat.

''Willow'' I lunged out of bed and searched through the house.

I looked outside, the bedroom again, the bathroom, the lounge and finally I set foot in the kitchen where saw a single feather laying on the counter with a note underneath it

Did you really think I wouldn't know when you would come for me Hunter? The girl is...somewhat safe.

She is very pretty and very strong.

If you stop this pursuit to close my business I will ensure she will not die, by my hands anyway. This world is a scary place once you don't have your mate.

Please do try and visit sometime

Uncle Shen

I stood staring at the note for some time before it all came tumbling down like a ton of bricks, I looked everywhere. No trace of Willow, all her home décor, as she liked to call it, gone. I walked to the bedroom and looked in the cupboard, all her clothes, gone. I went to the bathroom, all her things, gone. She was gone, her presence that she left in the house was gone.

''My Willow...'' I said crumbling the letter in my hand and then I ran my fingers overs my mark, still as cold as before.

''She's gone'' the voices hissed at me in my mind ''we need to get that little phoenix back! She is our mate! Her phoenix confirmed it!''

I stood frozen

''what did you say?'' I snapped

''her phoenix master, it spoke to us'' they spoke ''she said mine''

''can you still talk to her phoenix?'' I asked

Silence, it was deafening

''Answer me!'' I bellowed and I fell to the ground clutching the icy spot on my body ''fuck!'' I hissed

I darted for my phone and dialled Lord Quinn, I need help and I needed it fast

''Hunter hello'' he answered

''Lord Quinn I am sorry to trouble you but he has taken Willow'' I said seething through my teeth

''The black markets boss?'' he questioned

''Yes'' I hissed silently, I meant no disrespect for him

''then it looks like the date to bring him down has been moved forward Hunter'' then there was a moment of silence ''what else did he take or do that we could maybe use?''

''Everything...'' I sighed ''anything and everything of Willows is gone and the bonding mark is ice cold''

''then that is where we start Hunter'' he spoke ''do not panic more than you are, the mark goes cold for various reasons, a spell perhaps, do you know of any?''

''I doubt here would be one, my mother's magic was never meant for malicious intent''

''Even so, you need to start searching, I will call up an old friend of mine and we shall meet'' he hesitated ''but this friend is someone you might not like at all but nonetheless you want her back and this is where we start''

And with that the phone went was cut off.

Lord Quinn better not somewhat be involved. I stormed off to the study and started rummaging through the spell books that my mother possessed and nothing, nothing.

''Mother your help would be great right now!'' I hissed through the thin air around me.

I knew that people would try to harm Willow and try sell her but I didn't think he could get in here or anyone for that matter, after the last time we were attacked I protected this house with even more spells.

I rubbed my temples. It has been hours since she has left and I cannot find any answer

''God dammit!'' I shouted throwing all the books off of my desk ''why?''

''Master...'' the voices stated ''no luck with the phoenix''

I nodded, they almost sounded laced with concern.

My phone rang and when I looked at the caller ID Lord Quinn

''Hunter'' I answered

''Hunter, can we meet down by the ferries, that little coffee shop to meet with the witch?'' he asked

I sighed, do I or don't I? I couldn't tell if this was a good or bad plan at the moment but I wanted her back, whatever it took

''When?'' I asked