Chapter 17

Willow POV

''I said I will not wear that dress Griffen'' I protested as I stood in front of him, naked I might add. I for some reason felt natural and happy around him, something about him makes me wonder.

''Willow I am not going to argue'' he responded with a growl in his throat ''but then you go out naked''

He grabbed me by my upper arm and a jolt of fire was sent through my skin and embers were dancing on my skin. My core warmed and my whole body stood still as the flames stretched over my body.

He pulled his hand away and stormed out of the room leaving me breathless and weak kneed.

Griffen POV

I slammed the door behind me and threw both fists into the wall in front of me. What the hell was that? What the hell is she doing to me? She is both annoying and pleasant? Gods I will kill to have her but I cannot. I cannot stand these feelings. I felt my griffin stir inside of me, restless and anxious. He was also battling with these feelings and this pull towards that phoenix.

I walked down to the entrance of the prison when I felt a tug in my gut, telling me not to leave her here. I sighed and walked back to her cell. I opened the door and saw her standing with her back towards me. Her dark red hair curling around her waist, her pale skin scarred and bruised from the constant hurt. I noticed something else but I couldn't see through her thick hair.

''We are leaving this place and getting you done properly'' I came in and wrapped her thin blanket around her, avoiding her skin touching my own ''I cannot get you done in here''

She just shrugged and moved with me as we walked out of her cell. All the other creatures were whistling and calling after her, no wonder she was like she was. We passed the cell boy Keenan on the way out and the two shared glances I couldn't ignore

''Move'' I commanded Willow and she straightened up and carried on.

We got to the entrance of the prison and she stiffened as the wind hit her face. I wanted to get out of here more than anything but the way she looked up at the sky made me start to wonder.

''Come on'' I said ushering her to the car, she climbed in and her blanket fell open, exposing her thigh as she sat down next to me. My cock twitched and the fact that her arousal was now scented on everything made it worse.

I need to consult the witches about this, this is not natural nor was this the way I was taught about life. I was never meant to feel, every woman I went to fuck was just for a release of the pent up rage inside of me, the anger and the complete lust for destruction but with this creature, all that was at bay. All I wanted to do was protect her.

I sighed and she looked at me, dead in the eyes

''You feel it to don't you?'' she asked me in the most humble of voices.

I didn't know what to say as the car started driving off

''You know Griffen you don't have to act tough when you are alone with me'' she said as her hand glided up my thigh, stopping before my throbbing member ''I agree that while this isn't a great time, I would like my last time to be with you''

I looked away, the way the blue in her eyes started to dance with greens and gold made me think about something I should never think about. What if this phoenix is a beast, not a delicate creature, what if this one is my beasts mate? What if....I looked back at her and I inhaled, my griffin started clawing at me, begging to be released to run.

I sucked in a sharp breath and pressed my lips to hers. I felt her smile against my lips and then she slumped back into the car seats and hissed in pain. What was wrong? Did I hurt her?

''Willow...'' I softly stated as the car rounded the second to last corner to the house.

''don't...'' she held up her hand ''just don't''

I nodded and sat back, this was for the best. This was obviously a part of some plan that the boss has.

We got to the house and as the car parked I looked over at Willow, her eyes shot towards the house and the fear in them was unbelievable. She was never meant to be here, she was innocent. I clenched my fists and opened my car door.

''Come'' I ordered her and she sadly complied as she followed me out the car door. It really made me angry at her for just obeying. While in my community a female beast needed to be compliant, this was not want I wanted. I wanted her to have a least some fight left in her.

We walked towards the house and as soon as we entered her whole body went rigid,

''Griffen I don't want to be here anymore'' she whispered and my heart melted with sadness.

I placed my hand on the small of her back and edged her to walk, we walked upstairs to the bathing room. She sat on the stool as I ran her a bath. I made sure to add in some scented oils and some bubbles. I never did this for anyone, these were reserved for those the boss deemed worthy.

''Its time to get in'' I didn't dare look at her, I kept my eyes averted ''I will send in a female guard while you bathe''

I turned to walk as she placed her hand upon my arm

''please stay'' she whispered again ''I cannot trust anyone else''

''you trust me?'' I scoffed

I heard her robe fall to the floor and she climbed into the bath. I heard her sigh, it was a sigh of relief but it was so powerful it shook me to my core.

I sat on the stool and I looked up, I expected her to cover up but she didn't. Her breasts were breath taking, her hair wet and moved to the side of her body and her eyes catching mine as I looked at her.