When Business Calls

Beyoncé // 12/26/00 // NYC

The vibration of her voice woke me up. I looked over at the digital clock and groaned, it was only midnight, I still had about 5 hours of sleep before our flight.

My head made its way back to her chest, but her words kept my eyes open. I knew Robyn was hiding some shit, and I was going to find out, all the fuck she does is withhold information. Which isn't necessarily lying, but it's not telling the truth either.

"Where you going?" I sat up as she slipped out of the large bed. My body and my mind were begging me to lay my ass back in the bed.

"Gotta take a call, I'm jus' goin' to the bathroom." She walked off, slipping sweats and a shirt over her head as she made her way to the bathroom, locking the door behind her.

I was now angry. I was furious actually.

My mind was racing now. It was that important that she couldn't speak on it in my presence.

My body was no longer sleepy, my mind was wide awake. I could no longer get comfortable under the covers.

I got up, butt ass naked, and walked to the bathroom door. Mind you, it's 12 in the morning.

"Robyn, open the door, I have to pee." I knocked softly, becoming impatient by the millisecond.

I heard the lock click and the door opened. I purposely pushed past her, not really caring about respect at the moment. Obviously she had no respect for me. She grabbed my forearm, stopping me from walking any further.

"I'll be on the earliest flight...I don't know pops....yeah....I got you." She talked into the phone all sleepily, looking sexy as fuck. But, that wasn't the focus at the moment.

The Bajan put the small phone in her pocket.

"Don't start this morning, honeybee."

"That's all you, babe." I replied back sarcastically.

She released my arm, rubbing at her temples. I was beginning to feel bad, but then again I didn't give a fuck. Don't hide no shit, won't be no shit.

"I gotta fly back out to Cali." Her accent was strong. If didn't fall in love with her months prior I wouldn't have been able to understand a damn thing she said.

"For what? To see your bitch?"

"Don' start that shit, Bey." She scoffed, walking out of the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes and began to turn the water on for my shower. My shower consisted of me brushing my teeth, bathing myself, and thinking.

I stayed in until the hot water began to become cold. I grabbed the towel from the rack, wrapping it around my body.

"What are you hiding from me?" I questioned the teen as I made my way into the large room.

"Nothing, babe. You don't handle business in front of me. I don't handle business in front of you." She spoke to me nicely. I was really beginning to feel bad now. Her eyes were screaming for a break. My baby looked tired.