1x07

'with heaven above you there's hell above me'

I walked into Luke’s house with him by my side. “Is your mum home,” I asked. He shook his head, “She’s away for the weekend.” I just nodded. “Let’s make a fort.” “A what,” I asked and raised my eyebrow. “A fort,” Luke smiled, “C’mon.” Luke grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room. “You can turn music on if you want to,” Luke said and he started to collect a bunch of pillows from the couches. I walked over to Luke’s stereo and looked for a CD. I found a Pierce the Veil CD and put it on. “Now help me make a fort,” Luke giggled. “Want me to go find some blankets,” I laughed. Luke nodded, “You can go in any room. They’re all upstairs.”

I nodded and walked upstairs. I went into the first bedroom that I saw. I grabbed the blankets off the bed and walked to the next room. It was Luke’s room. There were posters of a bunch of the bands we both listen to. Next to his bed was a picture of him and his old friend I guess. I picked it up and turned it over. ‘Harry and I’ and there was a heart under it. With different writing it said forever and always. I sat it down and sighed. I grabbed Luke’s blanket. I bet Luke has a boyfriend. And whoever that Harry guy is he must love him. Luke’s phone was going off so I walked over to it. It said Ashton.

“Hey, Luke. Your phone is going off,” I yelled to him. “Can you answer it for me,” Luke yelled back up. “Yep.” I grabbed Luke’s phone and answered it. “Hey Luke. Did you do it?” “Do what?” “Go on a date with Calum so we can see how stupid he is,” Ashton laughed, “I know you like him but-” “Who is it?” I hung up, “Just some weirdo wanting to sell you something.” Luke laughed, “Oh. C’mon silly.”

 I walked back the stairs with Luke and tossed the blankets onto the couch. “So I put the pillows on the floor and so now we have to put the blankets on the chairs that I put on the sides.” “You go to that side and I’ll stay on this side, okay?”

Luke nodded and walked to the other side. I grabbed a blanket and put it on the chair. Luke leaned down and got the other side. He put it on the other side and used a pin to keep it there. I found a pin on the ground and put it on the chair. Luke them put a blanket on the one we just put on the chairs but made it drape on over the side. We didn’t have to do that to the other side because there was a couch. Luke made a little opening and then it was ready to go in. Luke went into the fort so I just followed him.

“Cool, right?” I nodded.

“Are you okay,” Luke asked. Instead of answering him I kissed him softly. He kissed back and cupped my cheeks. Our lips moved in sync. I pulled away and smiled softly.

“You saw the picture of Harry didn’t you,” Luke sighed and pulled his knees into his chest. I frowned and nodded.

“He was my boyfriend,” Luke said softly, “We never broke up because Harry died. I promised him we would stay together forever even once he died.”

“I’m so sorry Luke.” Luke shrugged, “Whatever.”

Luke pulled me into his lap and leaned his head on my shoulder. “I never had a boyfriend,” I sighed. “Have you had a girlfriend?” I shook my head, “No.” “Oh,” Luke said quietly. “Yeah. My first crush hated me.” “Who was it?” “Ashton. I told him I liked him and he just laughed at me.” “So that’s why you guys aren’t friends anymore,” Luke asked. I nodded, “Yeah.”

Luke kissed my cheek gently, “Wanna make cookies?” “Yeah,” I smiled and pecked Luke’s lips. We got out of the fort and walked to the kitchen. Luke went into his fridge and grabbed some cookie dough. “I only have simple cookies that you just have to like cook.” “That’s fine,” I smiled.