Chapter 6

A year later

"Hey baby." Camila says softly, stepping behind Normani and wrapping her arms around her waist.

"Hi." Normani said. She was gazing out of the window above the sink instead of washing the dishes. She had gotten distracted by Lauren and Quinn running around outside with the kids.

Moving some of Normani's hair to the side, Camila leans down and trails open mouthed kisses. "Why don't you come join us?"

"I'm washing the dishes." Normani stated, focusing her attention on the plate in her hand.

A knock on the front door caused Camila to pull away and answer it.

"Hello?" Camila said.

"Is Lauren Jauregui here?" The man asked.

Frowning, Camila stares at the man for a few minutes before speaking. "Who's asking?"

"None of your business. Is she here or not?" The man asked, clenching his fists.

Narrowing her eyes, Camila tenses and stands tall. "It is my business, she's my wife." She growls out.

"Camz?" Lauren asked. "I thought you were coming back outside." She appeared behind Camila. Her eyes widened upon seeing the man - her father.

"Babe, go get my phone, call Mendes." Camila says calmly, blocking the man.

Lauren nodded, beginning to walk away from the door.

"Lauren, wait." Her father said. "I'm sorry for not defending you. I'm sorry for not trying to stop what those kids did to you."

Camila blocked him even more. "Lauren, get my phone and called Mendes. Don't listen to him."

"Lauren, please." Her father begged.

Lauren turned on her heels. "Do you know where sucking it up got me? Lying half dead in a hospital bed at seventeen and pregnant with a psycho ex-girlfriend trying to get me back." Lauren snapped. "That's where it got me."

"Lauren, get my damn phone." Camila snaps, this man was pissing her off already.

Lauren turned away from her father, grabbing Camila's phone from the arm of the couch and taking it back to her wife.

"I'm sorry for not trusting you right away." The raven-haired girl spat at her father.

Camila dialed Mendes' number and immediately ordered him to bring Lautner and come to her house.

It wasn't long before both officers arrived.

"What's going on here?" Officer Lautner asked, walking up slowly with Mendes behind him.

"This man is trespassing." Camila spat.

Nodding, officer Lautner turned his attention to Mike. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"You can't do that, this is my daughter's house." Mr. Jauregui spat.

Stepping closer, officer Lautner blocks him. "I'm going to ask you once more to leave or you will be put in the back of my car in cuffs."

Mr. Jauregui rolled his eyes. "This isn't over, Lauren." He stormed away from the house.

****

Prue tightened her hold on Emilia's waist when the older girl tries to get out of bed. "Stay," she mumbles tiredly.

"I need the toilet." Emilia said, shaking her arm to get Prue's hand off of her waist.

Groaning, Prue releases her and rolls over to face the opposite wall tiredly.