Chapter 31

Five years later

Normani walked into the house with a sigh. "Mila, can you help bring the groceries in?" She called out.

It had been a crazy few years in their lives and they had moved into a new house. The older kids each moving out with their kids or significant others.

"Yeah!" Camila called back. "Just a second." She finished typing something on her laptop before running through the house to help Normani.

Normani smiles softly, leaning in and kissing Camila. "Did you have a good day? I know you miss being out in the field but it's better that you've decided to teach at the academy."

"It was okay." Camila shrugged. "Not as exciting. I miss the adrenaline rush."

"I know, but I prefer your safety." The dark-skinned girl responds.

"I know you do. How was your day?" Camila asked.

Normani groans, "Remind me why I still work at Mama's diner when I'm a famous writer now."

"Mommy! Lainey stole my doll!" Remi yells from the toy room.

Camila shrugged before turning to face the two girls who were standing at the toy room window. "Stop stealing each other's dolls, give them back to each other right now." She said.

Remi held her hands up, showing she didn't have any dolls before Lainey threw her's across the room. "Mommy!"

"Girls, behave or I'll take the dolls from you." Camila warned.

Giggling, Normani began grabbing the bags from the car. "They're a handful today I'm guessing."

Camila nodded. "Yup." She said, grabbing a few bags.

"At least we aren't Ava's moms." The dark-skinned girl says with a smirk.

Ava was more of a handful than Seth, Ceicely, or Blake.

Camila laughed. "Yeah. I feel sorry for Dinah and Lauren. They are struggling so much with her."

As if on cue, Ava's loud screams came from the living room.

This was followed by Dinah chasing the little girl out of the house, trying to catch her.

"Definitely glad she isn't ours." Normani mumbles under her breath.

Camila nodded in agreement as Ava ran past them, quickly followed by Dinah.

"Ava Rose!" Lauren climbed out of her car. "Are you causing trouble again?" She closed the car door and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Mommy!" Ava squealed. She ran in Lauren's direction, skidding to a halt in front of her mother. "Hi, mommy." She grinned cheekily.

Normani giggles softly before moving to carry the groceries inside. "DJ, help with the groceries."

Dinah skidded to a stop, almost falling into Lauren. She sighed. "She's all yours." She teased the older girl before moving to help Camila and Normani with the groceries.

******

An hour later, Normani is sitting at the kitchen table with Josiah and Ethan helping them with their homework.Both boys were finding their math homework really hard and needed extra help.

"Mama!" Remi yells, running into the kitchen with Camila chasing her. "Mommy's yelling at me." She whines, climbing onto Normani's lap.

Normani frowned. "Why?" She asked.

"I wasn't yelling. Her and Lainey decided it would be a good idea to draw on the toy room wall and then break all of Tamsin's barbies." Camila says, running a hand through her hair.