Chapter 25

Three months later.

Lauren's eyes widen as she looks down at the test in her hand, Normani and Quinn beside her with the the same expressions. All three girls were pregnant.

Normani sighed. "Shit." She muttered.

"This is going to be hard to explain." Quinn mumbles, shifting slightly with her walking stick. She was beginning to walk again but used the walking stick as a precaution.

"Hard to explain?" Lauren asked, confused.

"The fact that we're all three pregnant, Camila is more than likely the cause for me, but I don't know about you two." Quinn responds, running a hand through her hair.

"Dinah." Normani responds, thinking about the younger girl.

Dinah had been working hard on getting better and had even been prescribed meds.

"Camz." Lauren breathed out.

"Mommy!" Seth yelled, fear in the tone of his voice.

Lauren sighed and left the bathroom.

Dinah had been walking through the hallway and was on her phone so she hadn't noticed that Seth was in the hallway.

"What happened?" Lauren asked, dropping on her knees in front of Seth.

The five year old fearfully pointed toward Dinah who was on the phone with her mom.

Lauren sighed and ran her fingers through Seth's hair. "I'm here now, she won't hurt you." She whispered.

Dinah turned around and noticed them, her eyes widening as she hung up the phone. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know he was there."

Lauren shook her head. "Forget it."

Nodding her head, Dinah looks down and fiddles with her hands. "I need to go that way." She mumbles, waving her hand in their direction.

Seth moved even closer to Lauren, watching Dinah fearfully.

Lauren moved herself and Seth out of the way. "There."

The younger girl quickly moved past them and made her way down the stairs.

"You know, she's trying." Normani says softly.

Lauren nodded. "I know. But Seth doesn't understand."

Sighing, Normani ran a hand through her hair. "She thinks you hate her."

Lauren looked down at the floor. "I don't know how I feel." She admitted.

"She's gotten so much better Laur, she takes her medicine and does everything her therapist asks. The only thing she hasn't done is gotten you and Seth to come to a session." Normani says softly, lifting Lauren's head and looking into her eyes. "Dr. Cameron said if she doesn't get the closer she needs with you and Seth, she could tear herself apart."

Lauren pulled her face away from Normani. "I just can't."

"You can't or you won't?" Normani asks, her eyes filled with confusion. "Dinah has done everything she could and even avoids you and Seth, but she's drinking Lauren, a lot."

"Well, that's her choice not mine. I can't change her." Lauren muttered.

Rolling her eyes, Normani steps back. "No, but you can at least go to a session." She said before making her way downstairs.

****

Dinah stood in the kitchen, her eyes locked on the night stars.

"Dinah?" Lauren asked slowly. "I'll come to your next session." She felt really guilty for not letting Dinah back in but she couldn't bring herself to do it.