Life Trouble

The next few days went by quick. The days turned to weeks, weeks turned into a whole month. Soon enough it was summer vacation.

Leo had been suspended for the rest of the year after the bathroom thing. Ash and I had been spending a lot of time together, hell, at this point Miss. Christine let's him just walk in.

I had put up  posters of bands and movies and other things up on my wall. Ash and I convinced Miss. Christine to let us paint my room dark red. And Octavia had drawn me things to put on my wall. I have drawings of me her and Ash all hanging out and it's really sweet. I had made this room my own. And it's nice.

Ash and I were watching Netflix on the TV in the playroom because Miss. Christine had taken the kids all out to go to the park, and that meant we were alone. Ash's phone started ringing so he left the room for a moment. When Ash came back into the room he sat down and looked upset.

"What's wrong mon chéri?" I said.

"My mamà just lost her job... They can't afford to take care of me. They don't have enough money." He said.

"I'm so sorry Ash." I said.

"I have to go pack my stuff and find a place to stay." He stood up and almost left until I grabbed his arm.

"Hey, Miss. Christine won't mind if you stay here. This is an adoption center after all." I said smiling.

As if on que all the kids came rushing into the playroom. We left and went over to Miss. Christine.

"Hey boy's, I was just going to go looking for you," She said, "come with me."

She took us to her office. We waited for several minutes until Ash's moms came into the room.

"Mrs. And Mrs. Michael, please take a seat." Miss. Christine said.

Miss. Christine handed Ash's moms paperwork and they filled it out. He hugged his moms before they had to leave.

"I'm assuming you understand the rules here Ash, seeing as you have been visiting for the past few months," Miss. Christine said as she pulled fifty dollars out of her desk, "your weekly allowance. Your stuff is already in Sam's room. And I don't think you need the tour."

After she was done explaining a few things to Ash we went back to the room we now share. Octavia had been waiting for us outside.

"So wait, Ash is staying here too?" She asked.

"Yeah. Something happend, And now he gets to stay here with us!" I said to her.

"Ooo! I'm going to go draw something for you guys!" She said then she ran off.

I smiled and closed the door, locking it behind her.

"Ash, can I show you something?" I said.

"Yeah, anything Sammy." He smiled at me.

I went over to my closet and showed him a large jar. It was almost full of dollars and change. 

"It's all the money I have gotten since I moved in here two months ago." I said.

"How much is it Sammy?" He asked, looking at the jar curiously.

I sat down on the bed and dumped out the jar and started counting.

"Six hundred twenty four dollars and thirteen cent's." I said supprised.

Ash put his fifty dollars onto the pile, then pulled out his wallet and put all his extra money in a pile and counted it.

"Now it's seven hundred dollars and twenty four cent's." He said.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"For now on we put all our savings into that jar. We keep a log of how much is in the jar. This way, when we're old enough, we can afford to buy a new house." He smiled at me.

"Okay." I kissed him on the cheek then put all our money into the jar and put it away, putting a peice of paper under it with the total on it.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. I get up and open the door.

"Is he really staying here?" Miriam said.

"Oh, bonsoir Miriam. How are you?" I said confused.

"Is Ash really staying here!?" She suddenly yelled.

"Y-yeah... Why?" I say taking a step back.

"Sam I've had a crush on you since you got here! I don't want him coming along and taking you away from me!" She yelled angerly at me.

"W-what..." I said as Ash came over and grabbed my hand.

What the hell is wrong with this girl!?