The New Boy pt.1

Sam's POV:

"We're so sorry Sam." Ozzie and Jasper said.

"It's fine I guess. I mean, I'm getting help so we're all good." I say casually.

"Well that's good." Jasper says.

"We should probably go, I need to ask my parents if Jasper can stay over for a while." Ozzy says.

"If he can't the adoption center is cool." I say laughing.

"I'll keep an open mind Sam." Jasper says joking.

They get up and then leave.

"Hey Sammy, guess what tomorrow is?" Ash says out of nowhere.

"Is it your birthday?" I say not really knowing what tomorrow is.

"It's the fourth of July!" Ash says excited.

"Oh, really?" I say.

"Yeah, did you really forget Sammy?" He asks.

I feel my face heat up and I just nod.

"We should go to the park. They will light fireworks off there, we can sit in the grass and watch them!" He smiles at me.

I kiss him. At first he's supprised but then he kisses me back. I pull away and stare into his eyes.

"What was that about Sammy?" Ash asked confused.

"You're cute when you smile." I say booping his nose.

He smiles again and I grab his hand. I pull him up and then I walk out of the restaurant with him. Then, I start running.

"Sammy! What are you doing!? You have asthma!" He yells as we're running.

"Don't worry! I have my inhaler!" I yell back at him.

I giggle as we are racing to the center. The world falls away as we run, nothing exists but me, Ash, and the ground beneath our feet. Ash and I run into the center as Miss. Christine is talking to two adults. I look to the side and I see a little boy sitting alone on a chair.

"Hello boy's!" Miss. Christine says, "I was just talking about you two!"

I pull out my inhaler and use it then catch my breath.

"You were?" I ask.

"Yep!" Miss. Christine says.

"Why were you talking about us?" Ash asks.

"Well that young man over there is being checked In here. I wanted you to show him around!" She said smiling.

The man and the woman glared at Ash and I.

"Okay, we will do our best Miss. Christine." I say to her then go over to the young boy.

I get down onto one knee and put on hand on my stomach and the other behind my back and look at him.

"Bonjour Monsieur, my name's Sam Collins, this is my boyfriend, Ashton Michael. We're going to show you around the center and show you your room. Are you okay with that?" I say.

The little boy nodded and stood up. He grabbed his backpack and put it on. I stood up then he grabbed my hand.

"His room is the empty one between yours and Octavias." Miss. Christine says.

I nod then Ash and I take him to the room. I open the door and walk into the room with the boy. He looks around and then he looks at me.

"What is it Monsieur?" I ask as I bend down so we're eye to eye.