Voices In My Head

Sam's POV (finally):

Today Ash gets to go home. My aunt Ava helps him into the car. Ozzy came for Jasper a few days ago. Roxy sits up front with Aunt Ava.

I lay my head on Ash's lap as we drive home. He plays with my hair. I keep my eye closed. I think he thinks I'm asleep. I hear him and my aunt Ava talking.

"So there was this time when Sam had decided that he was a pasta monster and covered himself in noodles." Aunt Ava says.

"Holy shit really?" Ash says.

"Yep. It was the funniest thing ever." She says.

"I hate both of you." I say.

"Oh, you weren't asleep?" Ash asks me.

"Yeah. I was to comfortable to open my eyes, I'm only talking so that aunt Ava doesn't embarrass me." I say.

"Sammy?" Ash asks me.

"Yeah?" I say.

He rubs my scruff. "Do you know how to shave or are you just going to grow out a beard?" He asks me.

"I was too busy worrying about you to shave." I say.

"Seems reasonable." He says.

Just theny Aunt Ava starts something she can't get out of.

"C-c-come on, c-c-come on, let's go. C-c-come on, c-c-come on-" she sings.

"I'm waiting for my porno to load!" I sing.

Then Ash chimes in, "it's from Japan!"

We all start laughing. After a few minutes of talking I actually fall asleep.

I wake up on the bed in pajamas. I sit up and streach. I go out into the living room and see Aunt Ava and Ash talking.

"Good morning Sammy." Ash smiles at me.

"Morning Sam." Aunt Ava says.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"About midnight." Ash says.

"Fuck, how long have I been asleep?" I ask.

"A few hours." Aunt Ava says.

"Fuck, sorry." I say.

"It's fine." Ash says.

I go onto the couch and cuddle up with Ash.

"You hungry kiddo?" Aunt Ava asks me.

"Not really." I say.

She looks at me concerned. She sighs and puts on Teen Wolf. Ash looks mildly confused.

"Wait a second, is there something I'm missing?" Ash asks.

"Yes, your boyfriend hasn't eaten since you went missing." Aunt Ava says.

"Way to call me out." I say.

"Sammy you need to eat." Ash says.

"I'm not hungry." I say.

"I don't believe you." He says.

"I'm serious. I'm not hungry. Now can we drop this conversation." I say getting angry.

"Sammy p-" Ash starts.

"I said let's drop the conversation!" I yell.

Ash and aunt Ava look at me supprised. I never raise my voice. I stand up. I put Roxy in her harness and put her leash on her.

"I'm taking Roxy out for a walk." I say quietly.

I leave the room apartment. I walk through the hallway and down the stairs next to the elevator. I walk through the lobby and out the door. I don't know where I'm going. I just know I need to cool down.

I walk down the dark streets with Roxy. She can tell how upset I am. My vision blurrs with tears. I wipe my face and go into a back alley. I sit against the wall and break down crying.

Roxy curls up next to me to keep me company. I pet her trying to calm down. I put my face in my knees and sobb trying not to make noise.

You can't do anything right. Why can't you just be normal? You're a pussy, all you do is cry.

The voices in my head scream at me and I cover my ears trying to get them out. I shake my head trying to get them out.

Roxy notices my distress and she nuzzles my cheek. Why do you fuck Everything up? Why do you have to over complicate things? Why can't you just be Happy?

"Go away!" I scream.