13

Nic woke up and first saw Lisa by her bedside. She blinked, frowned, and moaned.

"Hi Nic. Good morning!" Lisa greeted her cheerfully as she lowered the bed railing and reached out to stroke Nic's forehead to remove some stray hair from Nic's face. Nic turned head when she saw Lisa's hand come close.

"Nic.." June spoke. She stood near the door. She was wearing her regular clothes and a jacket. She was also wearing a mask. "Nic, si Lisa muna ang magbabantay sa yo. May sakit ako e" June said hoarsely. She sniffled and coughed.

"June?" Nic looked at June. "Oh no."

"Di na kita lalapitan kasi nilalagnat na rin ako. Dumaan lang ako para magpaalam. Babalik din ako pag magaling na ako." June said.

Nic's moans became a little louder as she tried to not cry. Her tears betrayed her, though.

"O, wag iiyak. Kilala mo na si Lisa diba?" June said. She didn't wait for Nic's further "reaction" and left the room, coughing.

"O, get up na tayo at maligo. Nakita ko na yung breakfast, cinnamon bread, favorite mo yun diba?"

"Y..yes..with cold milk.."

"..and milk.."

Nic looked at Lisa and slowly moved to get up. Lisa assisted her off the bed and into the bathroom. As expected, Nic stiffened up as Lisa began removing her clothes and soiled diaper. Nic's muscles were very tense as Lisa scrubbed Nic's body with the bath sponge. Nic relaxed a little when the Lisa trained the water spray on Nic's body. She tensed up again when Lisa dried and dressed her.

"Ano yan?" Nic looked at Lisa who took out a small bottle from her scrubs pocket.

"Nic, lotion tayo ha?"

"Lotion?"

"Kasi napansin ko na medyo dry yung skin mo sa legs tapos sa arms mo din. Ang dami mong scars sa arms mo e."

Nic watched as Lisa put a small amount of lotion on her palm. She reached for Nic's arm and Nic cringed. Lisa smiled at Nic and gently stroked Nic's arm, applying the lotion. She did the same for Nic's other arm. Nic jerked her leg a little when Lisa applied lotion to her legs, too. After a few minutes, "Ayan, all done! And amoy baby ka pa"

"Mabango nga" Nic put her arms to her nose and smelled herself.

Over the next few days, Nic got used to Lisa's touch that she began to allow Lisa to hold her and touch her more. Nic actually looked forward to 'lotion time' in the mornings and evenings.

"Mmm! Bango naman!" Richard looked at Nic as she entered the dining hall and took her seat at the table for breakfast.