41

Richard had become more talkative even though he was difficult to understand. He loved talking and would often 'read' to Nic, who remained silent.

"O, Richard, mukhang bihis na bihis yata kayo. Saan kayo galing?" Mommy Ching asked when he and Nic came to the store in the afternoon.

"Hmm...sama mii mmy...churrr..."

"Picture? Kayo ni Nic?"

"Hmm...mayl mi....nto o..." Richard posed and smiled.

"Wow! Para saan yung picture?"

"Papot!"

"Papot?"

"Hmm...ssbi mmy, kha paaapot nta hokongg.."

"Hong Kong? Pupunta kayo sa Hong Kong?"

"Hmm...see min Mimaw en Kimaw"

"Ahh..."

"...pag may papot na mii...bili ddy kiket...kay pepyn..."

"Pepeyn?"

"Yun...dis..." Richard stretched his arms to the side. Nic giggled.

"Ahh...airplane..."

"Pepeyn...nid kiket kay pepeyn..."

"Tama...teka, ano nga palang merienda gusto nyo today?"

"Hmm...Niii?"

Nic smiled, stood up, and walked to the ice chest across the canteen. She pointed to the glass cover.

"Ahh..sto Niii kikim..." Richard explained. "Niii, kokeyt?" Richard asked Nic who was looking at him.

Nic clapped and groaned happily.

"...Mmy Ing...kokeyt kikim mi Niii reho..."

"Hmm..?"

"...pis...kokeyt kikim pisss..."

"Okay...teka...sino susubo kay Nic?"

"...ko!" Richard pointed to himself when Mommy Ching put two bowls of ice cream on the table.

With difficulty, Nic tried to feed herself. Richard also 'fed' her some ice cream. In the end, even if about half the ice cream spread on their faces and clothes, both were very happy.