20

"Why is that thing still here?" Andrea exclaimed.

"What's that?"

"Chewie po ni Nic" June replied.

"See. I'm telling you, Nicky. She's not normal!"

"...and she's my daughter!" Nicky raised his voice.

"...it's your choice...it's either I go or she goes!" Andrea stormed off and then slammed the door to the bedroom. She came out a few minutes later. "Sally! Kunin mo yung maleta ko!"

"Where are you going?"

"Since you haven't decided, I'm leaving."

"Andrea stop!"

"No Nicky! I'm leaving! I've had it!"

"Andrea!"

As Sally struggled with Andrea's suitcase, they all heard Kuya Nonoy, the driver, shout, "Nic! Nic!"

They all rushed out the house and found the gate open. Kuya Nonoy was standing outside looking out into the dark street, one hand on his waist, the other hand in his hair.

"Anong nangyari?" Nicky asked.

"Tumakbo si Nic papunta dun!" Kuya Nonoy pointed.

June ran in the direction that Kuya Nonoy pointed to followed by Nicky.

"Nicky!" Andrea called out. "Nikolai!"

"Nic! I have to find Nic!"

"Nicky! Fine! I'm leaving!" Andrea said and rode her car and sped off.

A few minutes later, Nicky came back. "Si Andrea?"

"Umalis po" Sally said. "...pinuntahan na po ni Kuya Nonoy ang mga guard..."

"Argh!" Nicky pulled on his hair in anger at Angela. "Yung susi!" he asked Sally for his car keys.

"Eto po" Sally handed Nicky the keys to his car and he drove around the subdivision. He caught up with June who was walking down one dark street. Nicky's house was inside a very big subdivision with lots of empty lots and trees. A few security guards joined the search.

"...ayaw nun na nilalapitan ng ibang tao...hindi rin sya nagsasalita..." June said. "May hika din yun at madaling mapagod...naka yellow sya na t-shirt and light blue na pajama...medyo mahaba ang buhok na hanggang balikat...21 years old na sya pero bata ang isip...pag nakita nyo sya, tawagin nyo lang sa pangalan nya, "Nic"...wag nyong lalapitan at baka tumakbo ulit or sugurin kayo..."

"Opo Ate." The guards acknowledged.

The "search team" scoured empty lots in the village but could not find Nic. It was getting late so Nicky promised June that they would search again very early the following morning.

Meanwhile, at Wing 11, Richard suddenly began moving his head from side to side. He screamed loudly, "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" Hanz came rushing into Richard's room. Richard was crying uncontrollably.

"Niii! Niii!" He repeated over and over again.

"Nasa Daddy nya. Shhh..." Hanz tried to console Richard who was sobbing and crying.

"Niii!" ("May nangyari kay Nic!")

"Nagka-bad dream ka lang...O, higa na ulit...Shhh..." Hanz was able to make Richard lay down on the bed again. Like a little child being put to sleep, Hanz gently tapped Richard's thigh and rubbed his back which relaxed him and he was asleep again in no time.

In one dark corner of an abandoned construction site, two blocks from Nicky's house, Nic sat. She was sweaty and shivering in fear. "Chaaa.." Nic said tearfully, as she hugged her legs and rocked. With eyes wide, she looked around the dark room. "Ayoko dito! Tulungan nyo ako! I don't like Andrea! Hit ako ni Andrea! Hit ako! Sabi nya bad ako! Di ako bad! Sya bad! Hit ako! Hit nya Nic!" Nic whimpered. "I want to go home. I want to go home!"

"Chaaa"