(90) Fighting Against All Odds

JUNGKOOK's POV

Right now, I wanted to be mad. Snap. Mad at the world. Mad at myself.

"Let's go. Give him a bit of space" turning around, Jimin muttered in such a deadpan voice.

Leaving me, Seungri hyung with Lisa's parents, they exited the room. They all bowed and gave respect to Lisa's mom and dad before they left. Her mom passed my direction, straightly walking in tears toward her daughter. I couldn't bear to watch this. This was all my fault.

I'm sorry Lisa's mom and dad.

"No, my daughter. Lisa!" she bewailed, hugging Lisa with caution.

My hand balled in a fist, having no idea how to react. Her dad went to Lisa's mom and embraced her around his arms. My guilt got deeper when I saw her dad was also crying. Them, looking at their daughter who was succumbing to a deep sleep, sustained by respirators was the least thing I would have imagined.

I could suffer no further because of all the pain I'm holding right now. This is too much for me to endure this all.

"Mam, Sir. I'm very sorry. This is all my fault. I promised you both that I'll watch over her but I failed. I'm sorry." I apologized, putting my knees down on the floor. I tried my best not to breakdown, not in front of them, not in front of Lisa.

She'll get sad if I cry. So I held it, remembering the night I gave her a word.

"Seungri told us, what happened" her father began to speak. Her mother's heavy crying turning into silent sobs.

"I'll be right back" Seungri hyung excused himself, leaving me alone with Lisa's parents. With my head still looking down, knees still on the floor, I hadn't even realized there was someone helping me to stand up.

"What are you doing, son. Stand up" Mr. Manoban tried to solace me. I knew he didn't like it but he swallowed hard his disappointment.

"This isn't your fault." He added, walking back to his wife who was still hugging Lisa. Finally facing me, she started to say something.

"I'm afraid, it's my fault" she said, sitting on the edge of the bed. Lisa's father took a steel chair and sat there beside her daughter, caressing Lisa's soft brown hair.

"No mam its all my fau-" but I was cut off when she motioned me to sit first. Even if my body and mind were feeling lethargic right now, I tried to move and take a half seat on the couch.

"This also happened to me when I was at her age back then." She began, reaching for Lisa's hand.

"There was a girl who hated me before. She really liked to bully me. Bothered me. Annoyed me. But it didn't cross in my mind to hate her too. I thought, she'll get tired doing those eventually so I just ignored her." Tears were still flowing from her swollen eyes.

"Until one day, I saw her walking near the building which was under construction. I saw the heavy metal from above which was going to hit her head. But just before the cold steel reached her, I already pushed her hard, leading me to face the impact" wiping the sadness, she continued.