13

millie

filming is almost over. we have about a week left, and the last thing i want to do is be fighting with finn during that week. but i just can't bring myself to trust him.

"so what are we doing today?" noah asks matt as we all trickle into the meeting room, where we talk about our plans for the day.

"i'm hoping to film a scene with el and max today. i really want to show how their friendship has grown throughout the season, so we're gonna have you two have a sleepover." matt replies, with ross nodding along. "obviously that won't be hard for you, but i need you to have a little bit of a reserved feeling. you're friends, but not the way you two are. you get me?"

"i think so," sadie responds, with me adding in a similar response.

"alrighty, go get dressed!"

sadie and i jump out of our chairs, hurrying into the makeup room. we slip into some 80s looking pajamas, with me wearing one of "mike's" sweatshirts and some leggings. but they're odd looking. sadie wears something similar. our hairdresser pulls my hair into a low ponytail since it's so short, and adds a little bit of curl. sadie's is put into a higher one that's sort of puffy.

"this is hilarious!" noah says as we walk out of the room. "lemme get a picture. i need to remember this moment forever," he laughs, pulling out his phone. sadie and i strike a ridiculous pose as he clicks the capture button.

"dude, why aren't you guys dressed?" sadie asks caleb as he and gaten walk around the corner.

"i think you two are the only ones filming today," caleb answers, walking out with us to the outside of the building.

"are we doing this at joyce and hopper's house?" i ask, earning a yes from the duffers.

sadie and i spend about half the day sitting in "eleven's" room, stuffing ourselves with food and acting out the scene of el and max's sleepover. by the time filming's done, i'm exhausted.

we head back to the dressing rooms to get changed into our regular clothes. i pull back on my leggings and tank top, then head back to the condos, walking with noah.

"so, how's the finn situation?" he asks. "you guys getting any better?"

i shrug. i don't feel like talking.

"he was talking to me earlier. he said he misses you," noah continues, ignoring my silence. "he said he doesn't want to have to go back to canada without you guys making up."

i keep telling myself, i could care less about what finn thinks. but a little piece inside of me aches for him. i miss when we'd go to aurora's and eliza's almost every day and get fat together. i miss going to the movies and sitting in the back of the theater so we could throw popcorn at people below us. i long for the times when we would sit up on the roof of alexander's building, or when we would go to the pool together. i just miss being with him.

the thought of this brings a little tear to the corner of my eye. noah stares at me, then wraps me into a side hug, since we are still walking.

"it'll be okay. maybe you guys can talk it out," he suggests as we slide into the backseat of our uber.

i give a little shake of my head. "last time that happened, it didn't go very well."

noah sighs. "i dunno mills. if i think of something then i'll text you."

i nod, and the rest of the ride is spent in silence.

noah

i have to think of a solution for finn and millie. i flop onto my bed, pressing my face into my pillow, trying to think. my phone buzzes. i ignore it, but eventually it does it again, so i check it.

finn: hey, i'm going up to the roof of that business place a few blocks over. wanna come? i'm going around 8 i guess

this is perfect. if i say no, finn will most likely still go. then i can tell millie that i'll meet her there at 8. she'll show up, but i can just say that i'm running late. then she'll see finn, and hopefully they can talk it out.

i text finn back.

me: sorry dude but i can't :(

finn: aw ok. i guess i'll still go

then i text millie.

me: hey

millie: hi

me: i'm going to that store that alexander owns @ 8. wanna come?

millie: ok sure

i smile to myself, knowing that my plan is all going accordingly.