1

millie

the light drizzle of rain taps gently on the window of my dad's car, like fingers drumming on glass. i stare, mesmerized, out the window as we ride past dense greenery that is a blur at the speed we're going. of course we're going this fast, my dad made us almost late for our flight, which leaves at 9. paige and i are going to be staying together, so that my parents don't have to come with us and find someone to care for my little sister, ava. of course, this means long goodbyes from family, which made paige and i late pulling out of our house.

i lightly sip my caramel frappuccino, my usual order at starbucks. an unhealthy habit, i know, but i can't fully start my day without one. i tiredly rub the sleep out of my eyes, relaxing my head against the headrest. "don't worry, we're almost there," paige reassures me, rubbing my knee. we sit in silence for the remaining five minutes of the car ride, until we pull into the airport parking lot. rolling my hundreds of cars, it's a miracle that we find a parking space and manage to get into the building successfully.

paige and i glance at each other, nod, and put on the hoods of our sweatshirts as soon as we get into the airport. you know, it's kind of annoying to have dozens of fans approach you every day. we get in line to go through security, and sure enough, some "super-fan" as she called herself came up to me and asked for a picture. i declined but gave her an autograph, just so that more people wouldn't come up to me.

almost an hour later, paige and i have gone through security and are sitting in the uncomfortable green airport chairs. she's reading a book, and i'm texting the cast, chatting about what we should do today, since filming doesn't start for a few days.

me: hey guys, anyone boarded yet??

sads: nooooo we're still in security:(

schnipper: yeah, just now getting on! see ya there guys

cHoCoLaTe DaDdY: yeah noah and i are boarding now, see you there!

i don't get anymore responses after a minute, so i shut off my phone, exhaling deeply. finally, they start letting people on board. paige and i sit down, after fighting about who gets the isle seat. we eventually come to an agreement that i get it on the way there, and she gets it on the way back. i pull on my earbuds, turning on my pop playlist as i settle in for the long ride that is to come.

♡ ♡ ♡

paige and i walk quickly, hunched over through the floors of the airport, trying to scout the rest of the cast. "should we check starbucks first?" i ask.

"oh, you're just using that as an excuse to get starbucks again huh?" paige teases, leading the way.

i laugh. "maybeeee!" i draw out.

as we enter the tiny shop in the corner of the airport, my eyes brighten as i spot the red haired girl sitting at a table in the almost vacant room. "sadie!" i squeal jogging towards her. her head snaps up at my voice, a smile appearing on her face.

"millster!" she engulfs me in a hug, squeezing me tight. "i missed you!"

as we break apart, i notice a few weird glances from the people in the store, but they soon go back to their coffee. "we haven't seen each other since like, the sag awards!" i exclaim, getting in line for another drink.

"millie..." paige warns me. i roll my eyes, stepping out of line.

"i already had a frappe this morning," i explain to sadie as we make our way out of the store with her mom. "have you seen the boys yet?"