2

finn

the boys and i, plus sadie and millie sit in sadie's lounge, chilling. sadie has the best lounge i've seen. there's a super comfy couch with tons of pillows, a giant tv, a beanbag chair, and tons of cushions littered on the ground so we can spread out on the floor too.

me, gaten, caleb, and noah have are chilling on the couch watching star wars with some popcorn and like, five boxes of candy. millie and sadie are curled up on the ground doing a live.

our movie ends quickly, and sadie and millie decide to quit their livestream.

"bye guys, love you!" millie says in her piercing british accent. then it goes off and the two girls sprawl out on the pillows.

"what time is it, i'm 'bout to fall asleep," gaten yawns, his eyes drooping.

i click open my phone, the bright light blinding me, as it's been dark in the room for the past two hours. "10:45," i reply.

i hear him groan. "we can do something if you want," noah suggests.

"like what," i sit up, rubbing my eyes.

"ooh!" millie squeals, catching everyone's attention. "guys! i dunno if sadie's mom would let us do this but the condos have an indoor pool! we should do that."

i grin, liking the idea. "you guys go, i'm gonna stay here," gaten mumbles, almost asleep. honestly though, gaten is me most nights.

"i second that," caleb rolls over on his back, stretching out on the giant couch.

"ok, noah, mills, finn and i can go," sadie says, getting up to ask her mom. we wait quietly until she returns tip-toeing on the hard wood floor, even though everyone is awake. "she said yes. we just have to be back by midnight and she says you all have to text your parents that you're sleeping over at my house, so you don't wake them up. she also said that gaten and caleb are welcome to stay here too."

millie

we all nod, and split into our separate condos to get our swimsuits. i choose black halter top bikini with a simple black bottom. i slip into a plain white t-shirt to wear as a coverup for when we walk through the lobby, grab my phone, and head out of my room. "hey paige," i whisper softly, knocking on her door. i hear her mumble a "yeah". i crack the door open, so the light of her phone illuminates the dark condo. "sadie and noah and me are going to the pool for a while. i'm gonna sleep over there too."

"kay'" she says, not glancing up from her phone.

i shut the door and slide out of our condo, walking a few steps to enter the room next to mine to meet up with sadie. i open her door and find noah and sadie waiting for me on the couch. i sit on the wide armrest , leaning against sadie's back. we sit in the dark, trying not to wake the already asleep gaten and caleb. a little while later, the bright light floods the room again as finn steps in. "shh," sadie whispers, waving for noah and i to follow her outside.

the four of us get on the elevator, and when we get off, i notice the decreased number of people in the lobby. what used to be bustling with people is now an empty, dark void that smells of wood and cleaning supplies. we follow the familiar path through the hallway leading to the indoor pool. we approach the door with the "no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk!" sign, pushing open the foggy glass door. the scent of chlorine overwhelms me as our group ambles over towards the pool chairs. after setting my phone down next to sadie's, i peel off my t-shirt, revealing my swimsuit. i throw my shirt on top of my phone and look up to see finn's eyes on me. i furrow my brow, looking up at him, and he immediately looks away. i give him a questioning look, which gets no reaction, so i decide to just shrug it off.